Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Imaging with the 130pds

Russe

50 minutes ago, FLO said:

I meant all three items (I wasn't aware of the third item until you mentioned it). 

I only called out from my desk "Carole is chasing her order" then heard a response from the warehouse "already packed!:biggrin:

This is quite simply why I order almost all of my new equipment from FLO.

Fantastic company with even better friendly service. 

1 hour ago, carastro said:

Was so excited on Friday, but today I got a message from FLO to say they will deliver my 130PDS when it is available.  

Yet they have taken my money  :crybaby2:and are delivering the coma corrector, which is not much use without the scope.  

Hope it won't be long.

Carole 

'Please allow 28 days for delivery' :cussing:

5 hours ago, Stub Mandrel said:

'Please allow 28 days for delivery' :cussing:

You are being mischievous. 

Carole placed her order Friday evening, we dispatched all three items Tuesday for delivery Wednesday. That's only three working days.

Steve 

• Like 1

Yup great service, just got confused by first E mail sent to me which seemed to imply FLO were out of stock with the 130PDS, but seems that was not the case and I have had excellent communication since.

Apparently all 3 items are coming tomorrow.  Great service.  Plus good advice beforehand.

Carole 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, carastro said:

Yup great service, just got confused by first E mail sent to me which seemed to imply FLO were out of stock with the 130PDS, but seems that was not the case and I have had excellent communication since.

Apparently all 3 items are coming tomorrow.  Great service.  Plus good advice beforehand.

Carole 

Will there be any unboxing pic,s from memory I cant recall seeing any :icon_biggrin:

Alan

11 hours ago, FLO said:

Carole placed her order Friday evening, we dispatched all three items Tuesday for delivery Wednesday. That's only three working days.

Steve 

I am, - I just think it's ironic that twenty years ago you had no choice but to wait  - now we expect next-day (or nearly) delivery as of right.

I'm not sure that our lives (or purchasing decisions) are made better by this almost-instant gratification, although I am sure Carole will be well happy with her 130P-DS :-)

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Uranium235 said:

Youre going to be quite surprised at just how dinky it is. The whole rig (with finderguider and CCD attached) can be easily carried in one hand.

Perhaps why I reach for the 130 more often than the 150PL which is HUGE by comparison.

Dear all,

Last October 2nd I tried again a photo session from Madrid outskirts, then APT became crazy, not allowing me to take pictures longer than 12 secs.

I was able to take only one test shot at the very beginning, after digging on the problem, it seemed to be a problem with the usb port, using now APT v3.0 the problems has disappeared.

I share with you a single picture of the open cluster IC4665 in Ophiucus, known as the "Summer Beehive".

Cheers

IC4665Cropped.png

Da dah!  It's here.  Not opened it yet as I was just getting in the shower (no clothes on) when they knocked.  Hubby didn't hear the quiet knock, but luckily the dog did, and by the time I put my clothes back on and answered the door, the DHL man was knocking next door.

Just going to open it.

Carole 

16 hours ago, FLO said:

Steve 

I ordered a curry and a hog roast and they still haven't arrived :grin:

Dave

• Like 4

Well I have been trying to collimate it, it seems a fair bit off.  Not had a lot of experience with collimating despite having two Newtonian's before as all I ever had to adjust was the primary, but this time the 2ndry looks like it needs adjusting.  

a) The central screw on the spider is locked tight, I am not quite sure if I need to adjust this but it's not budging and I am nervous of using force.

b ) There was no hex key included with the scope so I don't have a hex key to adjust the tilt as currently I can't see all 3 primary clips in the secondary, I don't think just adjusting the primary mirror only is going to cut it.  

I have mislaid my own hex keys (assuming I have one the right size, and husband's all are attached to a ring with a 90 degree bend at the usable end.

I have been through all the packing several times to see if I have missed a hex key, yet I have a spanner and a screwdriver supplied.

Stuck now :crybaby2:

Carole 

3 minutes ago, carastro said:

Well I have been trying to collimate it, it seems a fair bit off.  Not had a lot of experience with collimating despite having two Newtonian's before as all I ever had to adjust was the primary, but this time the 2ndry looks like it needs adjusting.  

a) The central screw on the spider is locked tight, I am not quite sure if I need to adjust this but it's not budging and I am nervous of using force.

b ) There was no hex key included with the scope so I don't have a hex key to adjust the tilt as currently I can't see all 3 primary clips in the secondary, I don't think just adjusting the primary mirror only is going to cut it.  

I have mislaid my own hex keys (assuming I have one the right size, and husband's all are attached to a ring with a 90 degree bend at the usable end.

I have been through all the packing several times to see if I have missed a hex key, yet I have a spanner and a screwdriver supplied.

Carole 

You can pull them off the ring to use the straight end.

My 130P was miles out when it arrived, then I chopped the end off the tube and had to recolimate it again, the spider vanes are probably twisted also mine were on arrival, you need a MASSIVE handled screwdriver to crack that Philips screw also.

7 minutes ago, carastro said:

Carole 

The ones attached to a ring usually just pul out...oh you beat me to it!

Thanks, I didn't really want to pull hubbies hex keys off his ring and then find they were the wrong size.  Surely one should be supplied with the scope.  My own hex keys (when i can find them) are not bent at the end.  I was sure I found them just before I went to kelling, but where I put them is any-ones guess.

I'll see what Flo say first.

Carole 

You'll find that if you twist them the right way the spring opens up and they will slip in or out, wind the other way and it will lock solid.

Hold the secondary support NOT the vanes when applying huge force to loosen the phillips screw - its easier if you loosen all the adjustment screws first.

My scope (used) was way out and the adjustment screws were over-tightened from trying to correct it without loosening the central screw (I guess). Definitely fussier to set than the 150PL - you would think a longer scope would be harder!

Edited by Stub Mandrel
Poor spilling.

2 minutes ago, Stub Mandrel said:

Definitely fussier to set than the 150PL - you would think a longer scope would be harder!

Yup. I've just lopped 15mm off my focuser AND moved the mirror up by about 10mm. Focus has moved from almost fully in to about 3/4 out which solves the problem of protrusion into the light cone, however, it's not somewhat more difficult to collimate. To the point where I'm tempted to go to the dark side and buy a frac. But I won't. I'll persist as I always do. Got a new Cheshire on the way as the laser just isn't cutting the mustard anymore.