Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

International Astronomy Show IAS 2014

Ouroboros

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just emailed the website about paying on the door. It doesn't say if you can or not. I just got a reply and it IS ok to pay on the door. They will update the website to say this :) This is entry only of course as obviously the lectures can sell out but if like me you just want to snoop at all the lovely equipment it's fine just to turn up on the day.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I almost went last year but I was flying home the following day and didn't fancy two days of travelling also I had my bags full to bursting with various kit. I wish had gone now, but if I recall it was on a Friday and Saturday and of course the weekend was out.

To pick up on Marks point, when I started back in the 70's it was almost impossible to find things, if I recall there was Fullerscopes and a place called Hinds I think. Now there seems to be something almost every week where you can say " I fancy one of them ".

Alan

This will be my first visit to a Astronomy show since getting my telescope .

Going on the saturday and booked a talk rest of the day will involve looking at equipment on show + talking to others and learning from them :)

I'm going on the Sunday, even bringing my wife along for a day out. I think she just wants to keep an eye on the credit card...  :tongue:

Speaking of which, somebody asked above, but I didn't see an answer. Do you get (m)any good show special offers? Can you arrange with FLO and the like to pick up stuff at the show?

I have my tickets :smiley:

Saturday + 10:00am lecture - I may not stay all day, will prob depart mid afternoon.

Anyone from Northants want to car share drop me a line and we can discuss if it is feasible.

Hopefully I'll be able to make it, be my 1st show as well.

It'll be interesting to see what is available out there and how big this stuff really is.

The midlands seems to have a real lack of Astronomy shops.

I'll be taking the credit card as well as the 'voice of reason' (a.k.a. the other half).

If she wont come and I end up spending silly money, its not my fault :laugh:

im on the hunt for a new scope so hopefully will get good idea here be nice to see them in the flesh :D

It's a good cure for aperture fever- when you see the size of the blinking things. I only want to carry around a 10" scope on a regular basis......

haha that is true, largest ive seen is the 200P 8" at the shop and thought that was rather large compared to my 150P, misses moans now that it takes up enuff room she'd have a fit if i got anything bigger, could be time for a frac ha :D

Archived