Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

International Astronomy Show IAS 2014

Ouroboros

Anyone thinking of a scope should go. It's great too see these scopes and gear and realize the size of some of them. It's also great to pick up advice and come home with something essentially useful,

Nick.

As a novice to this show would it be fair to say that there are bargains to be had above and beyond the usual shop and internet discounts?  If so I can probably justify the visit.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chris,

Yes, there usually are discounts and not always just on older stock either.

Some suppliers even announce what these will be a few days before the show to give you an idea whether to take the gold card or if only the standard credit card will do  :)

Cheers

Ian

haha that is true, largest ive seen is the 200P 8" at the shop and thought that was rather large compared to my 150P, misses moans now that it takes up enuff room she'd have a fit if i got anything bigger, could be time for a frac ha :D

Can be a bit of a shock if your not ready for it.....

....8" F6 scope beside a 12" F4. I hear the 300mm scopes often get returned for something smaller!

Dscf5201.jpg

Yup I'm off to the show on  the Sunday with some "Birthday money" burning a hole in my pocket :)

John

Ah, at last, someone who is going on the Sunday. I thought i was the only one :grin: Everyone else seems to be going on the Sat. It may be to our advantage John, as the vendors will not want to drag all that kit back tp their premises, so will sell it off at significantly reduced prices :evil:

Ian

I think I'll try for Sunday too, wonder if there'll be anything left to buy.

No tickets yet, but I'm not planning to go to any lectures. Do I need to get them in advance for the general show?

hi

i will be there  had a great time last year ten times better  than astrofest 

and only 15 min,s drive from my house instead of forty odd quid on the train and tube 

see you there pete :grin:

Almost walking distance for me in the week!

an astro  show at the center of the country it gives the guys and gels  from northern parts a chance to visit a show without having  to trek down london paying a silly train price which i think puts a lot of guys and gels off from the north  and  the show has more space and does not feel so crowded it also has a  good cafe at a reasonable price 

pete  

i will be there saturday hope see some old friends 

I am looking forward to the show this year.

I also got quite a nice breakfast there last year, I wonder why my name is Pig :grin: I cant remember anything else about the show :shocked:

Realised that I can't make it as it's in between exchanging contracts and moving. I simply won't have the time to take a day out of a weekend in that gap.

Bother!

Archived