SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

WADAS (Wakefield and District Astronomical Society)

• Replies 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, mapstar said:

I thought you all liked the moon.:icon_biggrin:

The new moon is on the 9th so the dates Soupy proposed would be the best 

You figured out what forum / thread to post in yet?????????????????????????????

regards,

Stalker

57 minutes ago, Uplooker said:

You figured out what forum / thread to post in yet?????????????????????????????

regards,

Stalker

Ha ha yeah it's the, we love the moon so much I can read my star chart without a red light :help:

3 hours ago, Ryan P said:

Well.... here is my gif lol! Not bad for a first attempt! 170GB Data, Over 100,000 frames, 11 videos and one gif :)

Real shame the conditions weren't better :( 
I think these could be great for Jupiter though! Pretty cool :)

A Link To The GIF If This Doesn't Auto Play:

http://makeagif.com/i/OTpwq0

9_pipp.gif

Excellent animation Ryan...well done!

9 minutes ago, Soupy said:

You manage a cheeky session then? Been very high winds and lots of cloud over Huddersfield!

High winds here too and quite a bit of cloud Soupy. I was just looking at Jupiter and was lucky enough to catch it 

Finished my mosaic of The Moon using AVI files taken on 18.02.16.
Only covered part of the lunar surface which includes, from left to right, craters Tycho (bright crater to the far left), Copernicus (crater with the prominent "ray" system to the bottom middle) and Plato (dark circular crater to the far right).
Mare Nubium is the dark area between Tycho and Copernicus.
Mare Imbrium is the dark area to the lower right of the image between Copernicus and Plato.
You can also see Montes Apenninus and Montes Alpes arching around Mare Imbrium from Copernicaus towards Plato.
All AVI files stacked in RegiStax6 and then images merged in PS Elements 11

Tycho,Copernicus and Plato Mosaic 18.02.2016.jpg

11 minutes ago, mapstar said:

The moon and wind has yet again put paid to any serious astronomy although I congratulate Vicky for taking advantage of the devils torch to produce a fine image :happy8:

Thanks Damian - was really just testing out the QHY monochrome camera, but thought I'd try to combine my AVI files into a single image. Quite pleased with it to say I was only using my grab-and-go 80mm refractor :)

5 minutes ago, Mark62 said:

I must agree super job V. The new camera seems to be working well 

Thanks Mark. I'm really pleased with it. The resolution on the monochrome QHY is perfect for lunar imaging. I'm just trying to grab every opportunity to get out with it and practice with focus and exposure etc :)

15 minutes ago, rockystar said:

Argh, just found an email in my junk folder from Astroboot, someone enquiring about my scope - over a week ago!!!

On the up side, been earning some man points with a bit of tiling this weekend - only thing I can image:

WP_20160221_19_48_44_Pro_LI.thumb.jpg.76

Nice job on the tiling Lee - plenty of brownie points earned there me thinks!

Have you e-mailed them back about your scope? It's always worth a shot. Fingers crossed for you :)

Archived