Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

WADAS (Wakefield and District Astronomical Society)

Really enjoyed the meeting this evening - hope everyone got something useful out of it. Can't believe how quickly the time went!

Nice captures Sam. I haven't tried imaging Jupiter this evening as I can't stop up late enough to make it worth while getting set up properly.

Just did a quick bit of lunar with the grab and go frac and the QHY monochrome.

Just a quick process as I'm heading to bed - Copernicus and Montes Carpatus - 200 frames stacked in RegiStax6 with a bit of wavelets thrown in for fun :)

Did about a dozen little AVIs, so may have another look at them tomorrow.

Copernicus and Montes Carpatus 18.02.2016.jpg

• Replies 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Im really hoping the fruits of my labour pay off from last night. Especially considering I missed going to the pub to do it!!!

The conditions were somewhere in between absolutely horrendous and well below average ?

I took 10 avi's. One every 10 minutes and between 9000 and 10000 frames per avi. That little ZWO is a hungry beast though because it used what room I had left on my D: drive partition, due to me having a lot of films stored on there.  170GB for 10 images!!!! Insane!

So im hoping that ill be able to pull out some detail in the 10 images and hopefully make a cool little animated.gif in pipp.

It's a fun little project I think. It's also good practice for the double moon transit. I think a transit shot in this manner would look very cool indeed. 

So fingers crossed ????

4 minutes ago, Ryan P said:

Cracking images by the way @Sam Baker and @Vicky050373

Thanks Ryan - I was just thinking about you as I was looking at my lunar AVIs and wondering how you'd got on last night.

I did a little viewing of Jupiter, but couldn't make out the GRS (even tried coloured filters) - just don't think that F7 80mm frac had got enough magnification, but at least I tried..... LOL

Gain has got my WO110 at present as he is sorting out the mounting plates etc, and I knew I wouldn't be able to get the 8SE set up and cooled without being up until 3am!

Good luck with your Jupiter GIF project - I'm sure you'll get results and I look forward to viewing them :)

22 hours ago, mapstar said:

I'm beginning to hate this forum  as you can tell this is not something Damian has posted  

glad you had a good meeting last night I did miss not being there but never mind  

nice images every one glad you all got out to do something   Iv had a couple of good nights just a tad too much moon for fainter objects  I think the moon washes things out worse when you there's no light pollution 

48 minutes ago, Mark62 said:
23 hours ago, mapstar said:

I'm beginning to hate this forum  as you can tell this is not something Damian has posted  

glad you had a good meeting last night I did miss not being there but never mind  

nice images every one glad you all got out to do something   Iv had a couple of good nights just a tad too much moon for fainter objects  I think the moon washes things out worse when you there's no light pollution 

????????????? when did I post that? is it a bit of a jumbled post Mark and are you meaning I hate the moon? 

I posted it Damian but I quoted you yesterday and it just try's to repost ur quote. It will not let me delete the quote so I just have to re type over it. I'm not liking the moon rather st the moment it's just washing the sky's out ?

6 minutes ago, Mark62 said:

I posted it Damian but I quoted you yesterday and it just try's to repost ur quote. It will not let me delete the quote so I just have to re type over it. I'm not liking the moon rather st the moment it's just washing the sky's out ?

I've also noticed It's a bit difficult to delete the quoted posts from the reply box especially if the post does not send. 

I have found if you click on the surrounding box it does delete

6 hours ago, Vicky050373 said:

Thanks Ryan - I was just thinking about you as I was looking at my lunar AVIs and wondering how you'd got on last night.

I did a little viewing of Jupiter, but couldn't make out the GRS (even tried coloured filters) - just don't think that F7 80mm frac had got enough magnification, but at least I tried..... LOL

Gain has got my WO110 at present as he is sorting out the mounting plates etc, and I knew I wouldn't be able to get the 8SE set up and cooled without being up until 3am!

Good luck with your Jupiter GIF project - I'm sure you'll get results and I look forward to viewing them :)

I tried for the great red  as well with the 102 frac, bands were just about ok but couldn't convince myself I had seen the GRS.

19 hours ago, MattGoo said:

A good meeting tonight, even without our illustrious leader present - VickyB doing a sterling job filling his shoes to kick things off.

Plenty of eyepieces cleaned, two telescopes collimated, books to looks through, some astro software demoed, general chit chat and advice, all washed down with tea and doughnuts.

Hi

emailed Lee at green witch soon after  I got in from the meeting last night about the chip in the 25mm celestron x-cel lx eyepiece he said no problem keep the eyepiece until i get some more  in stock and I will post a replacement out to you and return to eyepiece at my convenience can't say better than that

9 minutes ago, Ryan P said:

Well.... here is my gif lol! Not bad for a first attempt! 170GB Data, Over 100,000 frames, 11 videos and one gif :)

Real shame the conditions weren't better :( 
I think these could be great for Jupiter though! Pretty cool :)

A Link To The GIF If This Doesn't Auto Play:

http://makeagif.com/i/OTpwq0

9_pipp.gif

Great job Ryan

Archived