SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

WADAS (Wakefield and District Astronomical Society)

1 hour ago, Ryan P said:

How have I not found this place yet? Check out some of these High Res Images of the Moon taken by the Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter! Full description of each picture too if you scroll down! I've seen a few images kicking about from LROC but to have them all here like this is Amazing!!

http://wms.lroc.asu.edu/lroc_browse?page=1

A site dedicated to Satanic torch worship! Tut! 

• Replies 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, 2STAR said:

I do love my wife, she just told me not to get a cheap laptop, but buy a decent one !!!, licence to thrill lol

Never buy a cheap laptop. You'll be cursing at it in 12 months time because it doesn't have enough ram in it or the processor is too slow.

7 hours ago, Mark62 said:

Nothing too bad Ryan carpal tunnel in both hands having the right one done first then the left later. Thanks any way 

Just seen this about carpal in your hands. I had my right one done several years ago. It took three years before I could hold a drill or screwdriver properly again.  No numbness or pain just no grip at all. So I did not go back for for the left one. Just make sure you are OK before the next one is done. I preferred the pain and numbness in my left as it was not so bad asthe other one.

Best of luck.

Derek

10 minutes ago, Physopto said:

Just seen this about carpal in your hands. I had my right one done several years ago. It took three years before I could hold a drill or screwdriver properly again.  No numbness or pain just no grip at all. So I did not go back for for the left one. Just make sure you are OK before the next one is done. I preferred the pain and numbness in my left as it was not so bad asthe other one.

Best of luck.

Derek

Iv had both my hands done once before in fact it's 10 years in June when I had the last one done. It was ok but started up again for towards the end of last year. Hopefully all will go well. Thanks for your best wishes and fingers crossed ??

3 hours ago, Physopto said:

Best of luck.

Derek

Well that will fill you full of confidence Mark ha ha ha

12 minutes ago, 2STAR said:

Well that will fill you full of confidence Mark ha ha ha

Lol Iv met Pepole who's opp has gone wrong before and I'm sure if you look you can find anyone that is having a opp that your due to have that's gone wrong I'm sure 

3 hours ago, Physopto said:

Sorry Mark, did not want to worry you unduly. Just something to watch out for. As I said good luck with the opp.

Derek

I'm not worried Derek what will be will be but thanks for your concern. As said earlier after the bandages come off I'm looking forward to 6 weeks of clear skys. Might even go off with my caravan to some dark skys  

I'm in mine now at Kielder. Supposed to be clear tonight but very cold. Not set up at present as possibility of lurkers about. Saw two yesterday, after they saw me did a Uturn and went. Kielder camp was broken into a short while ago and some things stolen so on my guard at present. Should be others arriving in the next day or two. It's OK when I'm awake it is when asleap that worries me.

Have fun washing with a plastic bag over the hand :evil4:

Hope you get the clear skies!

Derek

2 hours ago, Physopto said:

I'm in mine now at Kielder. Supposed to be clear tonight but very cold. Not set up at present as possibility of lurkers about. Saw two yesterday, after they saw me did a Uturn and went. Kielder camp was broken into a short while ago and some things stolen so on my guard at present. Should be others arriving in the next day or two. It's OK when I'm awake it is when asleap that worries me

Hi derek

That surprises me I never thought there would be any issues with theft at Kielder. I am getting there tomorrow morning and staying in the same pod I have had the last few times. 

Adam

Great to here that be nice with some company. Yes I was surprised as well. They broke into the sheds and shack, if I remember what Steven told me yesterday. Stole a strimmer but either thought better of it or were disturbed. They left the strimmer at the barrier. Not keen on setting up until others here. I knew that someone else was coming but did not know who, was expecting two this weekend.  Rob Ince coming on Wednesday and would expect many others hopefully before then. I believe that Kev and Lynn will be here on Tuesday.

Bring plenty of warm gear and a heater, it's very cold. been -12 deg this last week. Do not park on the grass. Top partialy frozen but boggy underneath. I got stuck in a 4 wheel drive. Lucky someone here to help.

Derek

I've just packed the car setting off by 7am so should be there around 10 ish. I have got my heater packed and my -20 sleeping bag and plenty of thermals. I think I will be leaving my kit locked in the car until there's a few of us about. I'm in the pod over the bridge closest to the office. See you tomorrow

adam

26 minutes ago, nicks90 said:

Lovely outside tonight. Cameras busily clicking away to itself whilst I have a scout about with my binos

Well Nick, you have certainly turned to the dark side! ;)

What are you clicking away at? I look forward to seeing the results.

I've just had a quick DSLR session, but the sky is a bit murky this evening and long exposures are getting washed out.

Quick one of the double cluster (NGC869 & NGC884) in Perseus, but I didn't get enough images to do a decent stack, and I couldn't do a very long exposure. Maybe next time.

Just having a scout about visually and having a good look at Jupiter before I call it a night :) 

Double Cluster 28.02.2016.jpg

8 minutes ago, Vicky050373 said:

Well Nick, you have certainly turned to the dark side! ;)

What are you clicking away at? I look forward to seeing the results.

I've just had a quick DSLR session, but the sky is a bit murky this evening and long exposures are getting washed out.

Quick one of the double cluster (NGC869 & NGC884) in Perseus, but I didn't get enough images to do a decent stack, and I couldn't do a very long exposure. Maybe next time.

Just having a scout about visually and having a good look at Jupiter before I call it a night :) 

Double Cluster 28.02.2016.jpg

Same here, bit washed out, but Jupiter looking nice.

Archived