Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

WADAS (Wakefield and District Astronomical Society)

4 minutes ago, Vicky050373 said:

Jupiter ALWAYS looks beautiful, but I still can't convince myself that I've seen that GRS........

Same here Vicky lol , I'm not 100% sure I saw it at about 21:30 ish, so until I am absolutely sure my poor eyes have seen it , I had better not mark it down in my obs log.

eric

• Replies 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, 2STAR said:

Same here Vicky lol , I'm not 100% sure I saw it at about 21:30 ish, so until I am absolutely sure my poor eyes have seen it , I had better not mark it down in my obs log.

eric

Same here - @astrotyke gave me the heads up it was visible around that time and I had a look using my better EP with 2 x barlow, but I couldn't be sure I'd seen it.

I even tried that 80A Blue filter, but I wasn't convinced LOL

my app told me the transit time was 9:40pm, im not sure if that means the start of it, i guess it does. ive been out taking a pic with my rubbish webcam, this is one sofar that i havnt processed yet, im sure i can see the red spot on there a bit.

21_49_30 jupiter.jpg

1 hour ago, 2STAR said:

eric

Having seen Chris's photo image I think I must have seen it yes same spot 'pardon the pun!!'

Interesting few hours scope testing with G.

Good to see him and grateful of his help we are a bit more confused now so pulled stumps to regroup our thoughts.

Mostly star testing but the seeing was deteriorating so we had a look at Jupiter in all its glory. The red spot very easy to see. Stunning  

very quick and dirty process of some pictures i took of Orion last night,

samsung nx100 with antique 50mm Pentax SMC prime at F2.8

38 x 30 sec exposure at iso 400 - no dark or bias

quick mess with levels in Gimp, but i have no idea about how to do anything else with it. Done 2 versions, but i think the darker is a bit harsh even though you can see the more nebula in it and even a hint of the flame!

jpg orion sgl.jpg

jgp orion sgl 2.jpg

14 hours ago, mapstar said:

Interesting few hours scope testing with G.

Good to see him and grateful of his help we are a bit more confused now so pulled stumps to regroup our thoughts.

Mostly star testing but the seeing was deteriorating so we had a look at Jupiter in all its glory. The red spot very easy to see. Stunning  

Good progress last night Damian and lovely view of the GRS through the 22. 

1 hour ago, cosmicbug said:

Good image Chris..you must be pleased

im pleased with that when you see what camera I was using lol It was just one of these, it struggles massively with over exposure, you have to turn the exposure right down or you cant get any detail. Im sure with a better camera I could do so much better :)

416iMIFy5qL._SY355_.jpg

2 hours ago, Soupy said:

Nice work Nick... Def flame in both pictures.

Gain, it seems to get better with usage, I think so anyway. I hope so!

I hope so too Soupy! Often when I quote or jist simply type a reply..it imserts a quote from days ago which I have to delete word by word :-(

3 hours ago, astrotyke said:

im pleased with that when you see what camera I was using lol It was just one of these, it struggles massively with over exposure, you have to turn the exposure right down or you cant get any detail. Im sure with a better camera I could do so much better :)

416iMIFy5qL._SY355_.jpg

That's the one I have got ,do you use sharpcap software

Archived