SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

WADAS (Wakefield and District Astronomical Society)

• Replies 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
29 minutes ago, hazegood said:

I put an off cut of carpet ontop of the groundsheet that matches the footprint of the tent, then I put an old double duvet down then sleeping bag with me in it on top of all that,  and have been perfectly fine and warm on my experiment test run

Last march at soupy's which I think as in april,  I used an airbed and froze so much I eneded up sleeping in the cab of my van with the engine running all night to keep warm.

Have never used a camping bed so cant say if any good or not, but the whole idea is to    insulate your self from the ground with as little air in-between you and it as possible

Hey Leigh, you mean you actually did a test run is: slept outdoor for a night to see if it worked keeping warm???

12 minutes ago, gtis said:

I have a double burner

yeah me too, runs off one of those calor gas onion shaped  propane canisters (red (Propane is better than Butane when its cold)

also have a bistro single ring thing runs off those aerosol type cans,  its ok for boiling a kettle

wouldn't worry too much about cooking facilities we all usually share any way

13 minutes ago, hazegood said:

yeah me too, runs off one of those calor gas onion shaped  propane canisters (red (Propane is better than Butane when its cold)

also have a bistro single ring thing runs off those aerosol type cans,  its ok for boiling a kettle

wouldn't worry too much about cooking facilities we all usually share any way

Snap

my double burner runs off propane and I have a single burner that is in a plastic case that you can use as a wind shield and uses aerosol type can i also have a gas heater that fits on top of a camping gaz 907 cyclinder

I'm also chuckling to myself Eric. If it's too cold and dawn is not up I feel people will be bunking in the house or at least the barns! ;)

But I ain't sharing my body heat with you lot... :p

thanks to Ryan for chipping in and getting us all back on (Astro) track ;)

1 hour ago, mapstar said:

Just noticed I have been posting on the events page without realising it.

Apologies for general chit chat on there as it is supposed to be for event info.

We were answering Kieran so I think we can be forgiven 

So for the first time in forever I decide to image the moon, nice clear skies a bit of detail. So I get set up, it rains, so I take everything back inside, it clears up, so I take everything out and set up again, it rains! So I cover it up and hope for the best, cleared up again ? Then it rained again so I covers it all up and it's clearing up again! 

Got a nice image of the moon or two hopefully! 

A good meeting tonight, even without our illustrious leader present - VickyB doing a sterling job filling his shoes to kick things off.

Plenty of eyepieces cleaned, two telescopes collimated, books to looks through, some astro software demoed, general chit chat and advice, all washed down with tea and doughnuts.

Archived