Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

WADAS (Wakefield and District Astronomical Society)

• Replies 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Caught M3 for the first time last night, with my crazy star hop - find cor caroli, lock on RA and dip the scope through DEC towards Arcturus, (this is never going to work!!) and boom, there it was!

Had a break for about an hour when my wife came home, thought I'd have a quick look at M42 when I came back out - where has Orion gone?! Jupiter it is then, loved the little asterism that the 3 moons made last night.

Anyway, it looks like I've managed to find a buyer for my scope, so the question is, how long do I take looking for a used one, before I decide it has been too long and should bite the bullet and get a new one?

54 minutes ago, astrotyke said:

Is it a dob your getting.  You had better buy it wroclaw before soupy or vicky do :)

Soupy possibly, but I'm a refractor girl through and through ;)

Good news Lee - hope everything works out for you - exciting stuff! :)

22 hours ago, nicks90 said:

and one more, 

4 x 30 sec exposure of M44 just to see if it would capture it at 50mm

M44 gimp output.jpg

Your Journey to the dark side is complete!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

21 minutes ago, Physopto said:

Yep, Stars Damian!

:evil4:Are we tempting you? :evil4:

I've seen plenty of those in my time, not always in the skies though!

I've already got a refractor 2" which is enough for anyone unless you want to mess about with those silly camera things! 

8 minutes ago, rockystar said:

Wow, it's been quiet on here recently.

Well, my buyer didn't turn up and no message to let me know he wasn't coming! Oh well - it could have been an emergency I suppose.

Hate it when people do that although there may be a perfectly good explanation as you say.

Fingers crossed for a buyer soon 

Started compiling my NGC list today. Surprising how many times I've gone over the usual suspects (Messiers) I'm about a third of the way through my viewing notes but know the rest are a lot more efficient as I would actually target specific objects.

Too many notes!

14 minutes ago, mapstar said:

Started compiling my NGC list today. Surprising how many times I've gone over the usual suspects (Messiers) I'm about a third of the way through my viewing notes but know the rest are a lot more efficient as I would actually target specific objects.

Too many notes!

Easy for me Damian, only 6 on the list lol so far

2 hours ago, rockystar said:

Wow, it's been quiet on here recently.

Well, my buyer didn't turn up and no message to let me know he wasn't coming! Oh well - it could have been an emergency I suppose.

Same happened to me same person 3 times. His loss I sold it eventually and got my asking price. I sold it to a couple in Greenwich that came on to bye one off Lee lol best is he new I had it for sale and told them to talk to me he's a good lad ??

22 minutes ago, Mark62 said:

Same happened to me same person 3 times. His loss I sold it eventually and got my asking price. I sold it to a couple in Greenwich that came on to bye one off Lee lol best is he new I had it for sale and told them to talk to me he's a good lad ??

But also knew you'd be spending the money in his shop!:happy6:

Archived