sgl_imaging_challenge_2021_2.thumb.jpg.72789c04780d7659f5b63ea05534a956.jpg

WADAS (Wakefield and District Astronomical Society)

4 minutes ago, Vicky050373 said:

Jupiter ALWAYS looks beautiful, but I still can't convince myself that I've seen that GRS........

Same here Vicky lol , I'm not 100% sure I saw it at about 21:30 ish, so until I am absolutely sure my poor eyes have seen it , I had better not mark it down in my obs log.

eric

Edited by 2STAR
  • Replies 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mapstar

• Vicky050373

• Soupy

• astrotyke

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My first light test image from last night's outing. 

taken at winscar last friday

Just a quick note, and picture, to announce that our baby daughter, Hayley, arrived on Sunday 24th at 01:20am weighing in at a healthy 7lb15oz. Mother and baby both now doing well and safely home.

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, 2STAR said:

Same here Vicky lol , I'm not 100% sure I saw it at about 21:30 ish, so until I am absolutely sure my poor eyes have seen it , I had better not mark it down in my obs log.

eric

Same here - @astrotyke gave me the heads up it was visible around that time and I had a look using my better EP with 2 x barlow, but I couldn't be sure I'd seen it.

I even tried that 80A Blue filter, but I wasn't convinced LOL

• Like 1

my app told me the transit time was 9:40pm, im not sure if that means the start of it, i guess it does. ive been out taking a pic with my rubbish webcam, this is one sofar that i havnt processed yet, im sure i can see the red spot on there a bit.

21_49_30 jupiter.jpg

• Like 1
1 hour ago, 2STAR said:

eric

Having seen Chris's photo image I think I must have seen it yes same spot 'pardon the pun!!'

• Like 1

Interesting few hours scope testing with G.

Good to see him and grateful of his help we are a bit more confused now so pulled stumps to regroup our thoughts.

Mostly star testing but the seeing was deteriorating so we had a look at Jupiter in all its glory. The red spot very easy to see. Stunning  

Edited by mapstar
edit
  • Like 8

See you at the weekend Derek! As long as you don't get pinched ;)

nice effort Chris, def GRS there!

sounds interesting about the scope Damian, you'll have to fill us in on the details later.

• Like 1

very quick and dirty process of some pictures i took of Orion last night,

samsung nx100 with antique 50mm Pentax SMC prime at F2.8

38 x 30 sec exposure at iso 400 - no dark or bias

quick mess with levels in Gimp, but i have no idea about how to do anything else with it. Done 2 versions, but i think the darker is a bit harsh even though you can see the more nebula in it and even a hint of the flame!

jpg orion sgl.jpg

jgp orion sgl 2.jpg

Edited by nicks90
forgot to add piccies!
  • Like 6

I think it is the spot Chris well done that man ??.

hope you get the scope sorted Damian. Did you get the stigma sorted out was it the  clamps ??  

Lovely images Nick good wide field not Astrophotography at all ?

15 hours ago, astrotyke said:

did a bit of processing on it and i think you can see the spot a bit better, i need a better camera so might have to sort that out this year :)

21_49_30 jupiter2.jpg

Good image Chris..you must be pleased

• Like 2
14 hours ago, mapstar said:

Interesting few hours scope testing with G.

Good to see him and grateful of his help we are a bit more confused now so pulled stumps to regroup our thoughts.

Mostly star testing but the seeing was deteriorating so we had a look at Jupiter in all its glory. The red spot very easy to see. Stunning  

Good progress last night Damian and lovely view of the GRS through the 22. 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, cosmicbug said:

Good image Chris..you must be pleased

im pleased with that when you see what camera I was using lol It was just one of these, it struggles massively with over exposure, you have to turn the exposure right down or you cant get any detail. Im sure with a better camera I could do so much better :)

416iMIFy5qL._SY355_.jpg

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Soupy said:

Nice work Nick... Def flame in both pictures.

Gain, it seems to get better with usage, I think so anyway. I hope so!

I hope so too Soupy! Often when I quote or jist simply type a reply..it imserts a quote from days ago which I have to delete word by word :-(

• Like 2
3 hours ago, astrotyke said:

im pleased with that when you see what camera I was using lol It was just one of these, it struggles massively with over exposure, you have to turn the exposure right down or you cant get any detail. Im sure with a better camera I could do so much better :)

416iMIFy5qL._SY355_.jpg

That's the one I have got ,do you use sharpcap software

• Like 1
  • Stu locked this topic