SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Peak Star Party 2013

• Replies 966
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi estwing,

I am disappointed by this weekend, not least because I was looking forward to looking through you behemoth scope :-(

I think the one word that sums up this weekend is WET!

Ian

Sent from ma fone using Tapatalk 2

Diaaaarster !post-6974-0-06262800-1381590614_thumb.jppost-6974-0-29926400-1381590637_thumb.jp

Our tent went for VLO at 4am and after achieving height dropped down squelchily.

It was lovely to meet folk again and meet eponymous folk, especially PorkyB ( sir !) , Bigmaksutov and the brilliant mapstar, who surprised us with his knowledge of little known targets, hurrah !

It was also comforting to be recognised from my profile picture, by many.

Many thanks to the organisers and Booo to the weather God.

Back home, given up for a hot bath , hurrah and a read of the Homeland prequel, double hurrah !

Old Soggy Nick.

Hey Ian your not the only one looking forward to using my scope I fancied a butchers myself! And as for you Nick it's only because you've had new straw put in that I recognised you! Think I'll give it tonight then offski in the mornin...:(

Well I'm home now. Everything go too soggy (need to buy a better tent - or portable lifeboat maybe). Good luck to all who stick it out for the rest of the weekend and thanks to James and everyone for putting it on again. Next year it will be glorious (don't quote me on that).

Im home now was nice to meet Mapstar, Bigmacstu and all the others around Shane`s tent why he was flocking my scope. Thank you Shane going to redo my secondary tomorrow with two milk tops instead of the metal washer. Sorry had to leave but when we returned to the tent the leak was a flood and i have a sore throat. I will be there next year though and hopefully we can have better viewing.

Diaaaarster !attachicon.gifimage.jpgattachicon.gifimage.jpg

Our tent went for VLO at 4am and after achieving height dropped down squelchily.

It was lovely to meet folk again and meet eponymous folk, especially PorkyB ( sir !) , Bigmaksutov and the brilliant mapstar, who surprised us with his knowledge of little known targets, hurrah !

Back home, given up for a hot bath , hurrah and a read of the Homeland prequel, double hurrah !

Old Soggy Nick.

Did i meet you i am not sure.

Diaaaarster ! image.jpg image.jpg

Old Soggy Nick.

Great to meet you too Nick, at last!!

I shall make sure I read your Skye reports, sounds like an amazing place to go.

Despite the weather, I've had a great time, particularly meeting old friends and some new faces who I know from the forum but had not met before.

I shall, of course, be back next year when the sun will shine and the night skies will be clear as a bell :-)

Thanks to James and the team for organizing again, great job again!

To my shame, I shall be leaving tomorrow, for a warm bed and a Sunday roast :-).

Cheers,

Stu

Great to meet you too Nick, at last!!

I shall make sure I read your Skye reports, sounds like an amazing place to go.

Despite the weather, I've had a great time, particularly meeting old friends and some new faces who I know from the forum but had not met before.

I shall, of course, be back next year when the sun will shine and the night skies will be clear as a bell :-)

Thanks to James and the team for organizing again, great job again!

To my shame, I shall be leaving tomorrow, for a warm bed and a Sunday roast :-).

Cheers,

Stu

It was great  meeting you Stu and like you said thank you to James and the team for  organizing the PSP its a shame it turned out like this my first time.

Sorry I didn't make it - I was looking forward to meeting old friends and making new ones - but I'm sure you all understand why I didn't come up for the day/night. It took all my will power to brave the weather and go round the corner shop for some fags lol. :)

I felt terrible for the school group and other youngsters there. It was just bad luck and we must be due a good one.

Paul and several others mentioned the idea of those who can taking a small group and doing a scope tour of the season's targets and constellations . I think this is the way forward, it will inspire the young and add interest to the event.

Sadly other events do get cancelled, I would point at the York Cycle Rally this year. Sadly TV programmes also go , the S@N being mooted.

We cannot allow this to happen and must support and enthuse others.

This was my 6th star party and the only one which we packed up early as there was little point in staying. It was once again a delight to be there hopefully next time under

clear skies,

Nick.

We stuck to it and got the Astro quiz by UKAI guys loads of fun and of course it was Shane's team that got 34 out of 35!

Water did try to seep in our tent so need a little wipe and wring but nothing major.

So yeah, enjoyed camping in wet and windy weather in the end.

Good thing it never got really cold though.

Let's see what Sunday holds in store...

Well goodbye shallow grange for another year! Thanks to all for a good informative weekend even with the Rubbish weather.. Thanks to those I spoke to for taking time to answer my daft questions yet again and hopefully come away with a little more knowledge again, see u all next year hopefully!! For a fabulously clear observing weekend that we must be due lol :-)

Well goodbye shallow grange for another year! Thanks to all for a good informative weekend even with the Rubbish weather.. Thanks to those I spoke to for taking time to answer my daft questions yet again and hopefully come away with a little more knowledge again, see u all next year hopefully!! For a fabulously clear observing weekend that we must be due lol :-)

Sorry i did not get to meet you i did look out for you and asked Shane where you was Friday night you must have nipped out or gone to sleep i will be back next year hopefully with better weather.

Archived