SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Peak Star Party 2013

• Replies 966
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most stuff that was clean and for the loft is up there now, tents in shed waiting on a dry day, cool box emptied and cleaned so having a break with a coffee, cig and tv before I tackle the rest.... Came home with my raffle tickets :-( was ment to give them to rustmonkey to check :-/

Well - I bailed just before it went dark yesterday. My tiny tent was too tiny - won't be travelling quite that light ever again.

Great to see old friends and make some new ones.

Hey - at least I saw 2 stars! And no - it wasn't the same one twice ;-)

great to meet new people and names to faces....but my it never stopped raining! the quiz was top laugh tho...don't forget the mugshot Stu!

Haven't forgotten Calvin, been trying to post it but Tapatalk is playing up. Will sort when I get home. V good to meet you.

Cheers

Stu

I'm afraid after suffering the wind and rain. Myself and t'other Paul, decided we'd had enough yesterday.  

I was sorry to leave, because so much had been put into this years PSP. We arrived on Thursday afternoon, and enjoyed clearing skies.

I had the mk1 eyeball and observation binoculars out on Thursday night, so I was able to see through the gaps. And when that sky did clear. It was very dark. But sadly it didn't last  :sad:

I thought the facilities were considerably better than previous years. But I sorry we didn't have the sky's. I hope next years PSP is considerably better in that regard.

Sorry if we disrupted anyone's sleep this morning but our tent finally gave out and deciding to leak all over us. Wet through and soon giving up the will to live we decided to head home at 5:30am :(

A big thank you to James and the crew for another great star party despite the poor weather. Gutted we missed the bottle rockets as our son was really looking forward to it.

Thanks to Shane for his talk on star hopping despite the difficulties hearing him over the crowd the other end of the hall. My post-it arrows have already been ordered to mark my future night sky targets ;)

As always it was great meeting up with fellow SGL members and very much looking forward to PSP2014.

Well done to Shane for the Collimation and Star Hopping talks, they were very helpful and I think I actually learned something.

Also thanks to Shane and pals who came to our rescue and gave our old Corsa a push to get us out of Saturn field yesterday afternoon. It was hard work.

Cheers!

Well, despite the awful weather, i really enjoyed it at PSP, a big thanks to James and the crew for putting in all the work, good to meet up with old friends and make some new ones, its not all about clear skies. Home now and seeing patches of blue skies grr.

Heres to PSP 2014

I'm home and just sorting all my gear guys.

Great to finally meet everyone and all the excellent characters that attended and endured such abysmal weather which for me is the only thing that was wrong.

Thanks to James and his crew for putting the effort in to make this a great event and for making it enjoyable .

I can see some blue skies here, so I hope those that did stay on see lots tonight.

I'll be having an early night shattered but after a great weekend :smiley:  

Well, despite the awful weather, i really enjoyed it at PSP, a big thanks to James and the crew for putting in all the work, good to meet up with old friends and make some new ones, its not all about clear skies. Home now and seeing patches of blue skies grr.

Heres to PSP 2014

I'll be there too requesting the Saturn field again as everyone was so friendly

I'll keep an eye on your posts Jules for the spring time saddle worth event

Damian

I'll be there too requesting the Saturn field again as everyone was so friendly

I'll keep an eye on your posts Jules for the spring time saddle worth event

Damian

Yes i want to be in Saturn field next time i was out the way in Neptune not that it made much difference with the weather but it seems like that is where all SGL hangs out.

So disappointing we didn't get to see the sky at all, but it was still a good weekend. 

Thanks to all the crew and special thanks to Edward from Shallow Grange Campsite for all the extra effort put in.

Photos to follow

Speaking of which, what's the process for the Photo Comp?

You said it Ian.

If I had a pound for every time we had a clear sky on a Sunday. I'd be rich.

It was a good weekend. But it's a shame I didn't get to met many of you. I'll try to put that right next year.

Archived