NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Peak Star Party 2013

Get my camper out of the welding bay later today so will pack it up ready to leave Friday morning. I'm on Mars 2 and it's around 5 hours drive for me so should be there late afternoon

• Replies 966
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am too and thank god I've not been moved since I last looked.Still in the corner so should be really good.May bring some tinnies too?

Well, err, me actually.

Just been East to this years Kelling so I thought it daft to unload, reload for PSP on Thursday.

I hope we get better weather than last year.

That makes perfect sense Paul. How was Kelling, hope you had a good time and clear skies. I wasn't watching the weather but I suspect it wasn't great. Oh well, if you did have good weather / clear nights at Kelling you can make up for it at PSP :evil:

Hi Ian,

The skies were fantastic once again, with I think Sunday, and the early hours of Monday morn, being the best of the three night's. We had close to mag 6.5 skies each night and this allowed me to image, and use Mk1 eyeball, with my large binoculars.

The star party was a great success, and I'll be back in 2014 for a four night stay.

I hope things go well for PSP this weekend. I think I'll have to bring a good supply of RA, to keep my happy. Incase the cloud gods don't play fair.

for about a couple of hours on the Friday! annoyingly it was sunny in the day on Saturday and then foggy all night. red red wine make you feel so fine though..........

the way I look at it I am going to be there, the weather will be what it will be

Not happy.... temp is starting to rise, getting a sore throat, and feeling very ill.... off to bed with some Vitamin C and zinc... I WILL NOT BE ILL FOR THIS WEEKEND.....

Get some Beechams flu+ tablets star taking them or echinacea this boost your immune system.

Well, err, me actually.

Just been East to this years Kelling so I thought it daft to unload, reload for PSP on Thursday.

I hope we get better weather than last year.

Is the pitch plan up to date? Or have I been moved?

All I can say is "I hope this is not history repeating itself". I am still going whatever, as it will be good to catch up with people and for the general craic. Nothing wrong with sitting in a tent in a field and imbibing ones self with some fine alcohol :grin:  I would however, rather that I did not have to do it every night of the weekend - even though I have done the last two PSPs :shocked:

Thing is that forecasts always say this and that but when you look out the door, window or tent it is generally other than what Mr Forecast Man said!

Ian

Not happy.... temp is starting to rise, getting a sore throat, and feeling very ill.... off to bed with some Vitamin C and zinc... I WILL NOT BE ILL FOR THIS WEEKEND.....

hopefully both nostrils won't be blocked or you might see the double bubble not the double double.

Archived