Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Peak Star Party 2013

• Replies 966
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gave up looking at the forecast as last time I looked it was actually saying things like 50% cloud etc so thought woop that's better than nothing compared to yesterday when I looked lol, iv got everything downstairs except the scope so all ready to go really..... Only bringing 1 bottle of wine so may need to make a trip for more alcohol if weather doesn't look up, Craig are we having our get together all out in the fog playing with Chester? Lol x

The forecast the other night near me said mainly cloudy and winds to 60mph.

The wind didn't seem too bad so we went to our usual spot and some of the clearest skies I've seen for 2+ hours!

I even managed to see M81 and M82 with just the finder scope 8x50 proving that the weather men never get anything right.

I have just bought all the nibbles that I need for the weekend and guests that may venture past my tent in the corner of Saturn so feel free to come across and have a chat, jaffa, sweet or beer.

In relation to the weather, last night was clear as a bell and it was still clear when I left for work at 0630hrs. This evening there is patchy cloud with a light wind. Admittedly it is a bit chilly. Weather changes within a few miles. Forecasting will never be accurate until everyone has a mini weather station in their back garden to give more accurate local forecasts. At the moment, even though the Met Office has massive computing power, they still give broad brush forecasts for the country.

Ian

Sent from ma fone using Tapatalk 2

I'm so excited now!!! Silly but can't wait to get around people that like the same thing as me and be away for a bit to just chill out so fingers crossed we will have some decent skies along with our usual cheery nights lol, just can't wait for our lift to arrive at 11 then pack up and get going :-)

I am currently unable to observe as I have dismantled all my kit, but every time I have gone outside for a cigarette it has been getting progressively better. The skies are clear as a bell now. I know that i am certainly a few miles from the PSP site, but it proves that forecasts can be wrong. Wish I had my kit available to use now. :sad: I am not going to predict anything but I have a feeling the skies are going to be better than those guys with the seaweed and pine cones forecast.

Ian

I'll be there, there. the weather I cannot change but I hope it clears at some stage. ignoring forecasts for now as they have no effect on my attendance! bringing one scope or two if I can fit the 6" in.

I will pop over to say hello when i have set up if that is ok and if its clear tonight would you show me some Messier`s please.

sure matey as agreed :grin:  I am leaving work at about 1230pm, should be packed and ready to go an hour later and there abot 2.30pm. depending on conditions I hope to be set up by 4pm. I'd be delighted if I am able to show you anything at all :smiley:

sure matey as agreed :grin:  I am leaving work at about 1230pm, should be packed and ready to go an hour later and there abot 2.30pm. depending on conditions I hope to be set up by 4pm. I'd be delighted if I am able to show you anything at all :smiley:

From weather forecast looks like tonight is going to be alright and like we said going be late do flocking tonight can do that tomorrow when we have more time thank you very much i have the items we discussed i think i hope i got the right one.

Archived