SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Peak Star Party 2013

• Replies 966
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lovely to read through these posts and witness a real sense of comradeship: advising justly, assisting readily, and adventuring boldly into the dumpest of rainy weathers that simply did not know how to fall upwards :icon_rolleyes: . And although I may never meet you, or know you in person a big salute to you all :icon_salut:

Sounds like it was a a great event, despite the carp weather !

Best, coffee through nose inducing, post on here was Moonshane's comment regarding estwing's 'photo bombing'. Hehehe.

This is a star party that I'd really like to get to one year. Just within the milage range for me. I dislike long distance driving. Or do I just really, really dislike my Renault Megane?? Probably the latter.

A hearty congrats to James and the team etc.

Andy.

Oh my with my tent flooding and packing up and coming home i totally forgot about the fish and chips we ordered hope it didn't cause too much trouble i am willing to send money via PayPal reimburse if it did and by the sound of it, it was nice.

Just to reiterate thanks to all involved. I was set to stick it out to the bitter end with my trust old canvas frame tent but a soggy bedroom compartment on the Saturday afternoon was the final straw. Look forward to better weather next year!?!?!? (Tent still up in garden drying/soaking/drying/soaking) :/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Oh my with my tent flooding and packing up and coming home i totally forgot about the fish and chips we ordered hope it didn't cause too much trouble i am willing to send money via PayPal reimburse if it did and by the sound of it, it was nice.

Don't worry we ate yours :) They were lovely.

I know, it was the shame of it all.......LOL. I can say though with all truthfulness that imagers are top blokes. and their chocolate cake is divine. those two statements are of course completely unrelated.

I can see you heading down that slippery slope now mate....it's only a matter of time ! :)

PSP2013 Photography Competition

Dear all, PSP2013 Photography Competition entries can be uploaded here: http://www.peakstarparty.co.uk/index.php/forum/competitions/158-psp2013-photo-competition

We are going to have to short-list them for you to vote on so entries will close on Monday 4 November.

We will work out categories when we see what gets submitted!

Hope to make one of these events next time. I've been a bit oblivious of this whole  part of the forum and the event organised. I must keep a better eye on some of the  sub forums from now on.  Glad to hear you all had a good time :smiley:

Hope to make one of these events next time. I've been a bit oblivious of this whole part of the forum and the event organised. I must keep a better eye on some of the sub forums from now on. Glad to hear you all had a good time :smiley:

There's nothing quite like a star party :-)

The first one I went to was Kelling, then SGL then PSP. Which was probably the wrong way around, as Kelling was way too big for a first timer so I got really intimidated instead!

You know what.

Reading these post's about this years PSP. Makes me feel,  pig sick,  I left when I did.

I and t'other Paul were, I think, feeling sorry for ourselves. We'd been battered and rained on, since arriving on Thursday afternoon. But that's really no excuse is it.

The PSP guy's did a sterling job this year. And a big thank you, for the choice of venue for the indoor activities. That was a great improvement over previous years. 

I will be back next year fresh from Kelling. And, know matter what Noah has in the offering. I'm staying  put this time.

whatever happens next year, we'll all be swotting up for the quiz. I personally thought it was a fantastic thing to do. it brought a lot of people together for some fun, banter and even chocolate cake. as far as I'm concerned it should be a regular event - I'll even offer to write the questions if I can still take part :grin:

seriously though, I hope the quiz is back in 2014 whatever the weather.

I enjoyed it all even though the weather tried its best to dampen everyone's spirit it just couldn't!

Yes I bailed on Sunday as did most, but I'll definitely be back next year as everyone was friendly and it was amazing how many wanted to listen and learn.

Excellent idea with the quiz and it entertained every one young and old.I even relayed a few of the quiz question's last night at the society meeting

Here's to 2014 and meeting friend's again and making new one and team muddy views may also win the quiz again ha ha.

I will have a new tent and it will be clear i can stay longer and get to talk to you lot longer this time but for the time i was there i really enjoyed it so friendly couldn't wish for a better bunch .

We will have a new tent too, need more space incase it does rain at any point as I was cramped and miserable this year and at least we cud have the two chairs up and a table to sit at, the other tent is still fine though tbh... Get ur thinking caps on guys for ideas of what to do incase of rain.... I'm kinda thinking that the more experienced people could have a little group of 5 or so and we could all sit down and ask questions or ask advise and so on... Only those who want to give there time up during the day that is... Although its going to be beautifully sunny each day so we can all look at the sun till we go blind lol.... It was just a little idea though :-)

Just to reiterate thanks to all involved. I was set to stick it out to the bitter end with my trust old canvas frame tent but a soggy bedroom compartment on the Saturday afternoon was the final straw. Look forward to better weather next year!?!?!? (Tent still up in garden drying/soaking/drying/soaking) :/

Still drying soaking drying soaking D:

Unfortunately was working down London today and didn't get back until nearly 10 tonight so no chance to pack away whilst dry out again tomorrow so I'm sure it'll be soggy again by the time I get round to it :(

I have managed to get the outer skin dry. It was difficult as it was put out, in, out, in between the showers. I have no hope of getting the inner / groundsheet cleaned and dried for weeks, either due to wheather or other commitments.

I am also very slowly repairing my 6" Newt, having dfropped it while packing for PSP. I have straightened the tube, had a brief fiddle with focuser, but still more work to do..

Ian

Archived