Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

red spot redo

neil phillips

Wanted to try a reprocess of the GRS on the only recent avi ive been able to get of the GRS on aug 9th i managed 1 avi with cloud rolling by breaking into daylight. One thing ive been experimenting with is running the avis through k3 ccd tools killing the bad frames both in quality and missalignment as if im going to finish with a stack, but instead saving as another quality ranked optimized film, then processing as normal on reg v5. this will probably be similar to a registered avi as per reg v5. or a similar process to what Ninnox does, croped quality ranked optimized, and missalined frame cutoff. anyway heres the result of doing just that post processing on analyzer and the gimp

4892934205_c8021792da_o.png

I particularly like the subtle gradation between the planet and space on the right hand side as the light falls off.

Quality .

As an aside you mentioned Gimp ? Do you image using Linux and if so what programs do you find best / easiest to use for a newbie like myself.

Paul

Thanks all really hoping for better, i just need the right conditions, i had those the other night, but cloud passed over jupiter all night turning a superb night into a very average on ah well.

No i dont use linux sorry

The scope is A Orion Europa 10" f6.3 with fan 1/10th optics

eq6 syntrek, dbk colour camera

Archived