How many telescopes do you own?

I have three scopes….

A 100mm f/8 refractor

A 120mm f/7.5 refractor

A 180mm reflector

And these two mounts…

Vixen GP

Vixen GP-DX

I’m definitely finished buying new scopes.

Edited by dweller25
  • Like 8

Only two;

Starfield 102 ED

Skywatcher Evostar 72ED

And I'll probably be selling the 72ED since it's just sat collecting dust. I seem to be one of a kind here 🤣

• Like 9

37 minutes ago, WolfieGlos said:

two

Not at all, tbh I think that's all you really need as long as you have a few FLs covered. At most I had 4 one of which included a Coronado PST, but it just sat there unused. Replaced the 130PDS with a C6, now I can view planets up close but can also image at least 3 or 4 different focal lengths, my Z61 covers widefield and the Starfield 102 is medium FL. So ATM I have three, but I'm thinking of going back down to two. No use having stuff lying around taking up space, there's barely many opportunities to use said stuff, at least here anyway, with other life commitments those opportunities are even less.

• Like 3

Currently 6 for me, all refractors:

• TS-Optics 80mm f7 ED doublet      (never used; I was going to use it for astrophotography, but somehow that never happened.... ).
  • TAL 100RS  f10 achromat      (my first refractor, simple, rugged and great views)
  • Skylight 100 f13 achromat      (I really like the looks of this 'scope, and its great for star-splitting and good for punching through indifferent seeing)
  • TAL 125R f8.9 achromat      (a bigger version of the 100rs but somehow not quite as capable)
  • APM LZOS 130 f9.2 triplet APO      (magnificent optics, and my current go-to whenever I get time to stargaze)
  • Skywatcher Evostar 150 ED doublet      (not at all bad for the price, but I'm finding the size increasingly a pain, so hasn't had as much use as it deserves recently....)

I'll probably reduce the collection a bit (thinking of moving on the 80mm and the 150mm as they get pretty much no use now). If I decided to get something with more aperture again, it'll probably be a C8 or similar for ease of use. 

• Like 10

In size order (where two scopes are the same size, beauty will be the trump card :) )

My 18 month old baby:  10" RC

My 11 year old baby:   10" Newt

My 40 year old baby:  Fullerscopes 6.25" "Export Newtonian" 

Random acquisition 3 years ago: Celestron 127 Mak

A cutesy Borg 60mm ED Guidescope. It seems to work but got no mirrors ??

• Like 6

6 hours ago, Xilman said:

Thanks!

As dear old Oscar might have said: I have nothing to declare but my pedantry.

And my incompetence.

I have nothing to declare but my pedantry and my incompetence.

And a fanatical devotion to astronomy.

Amongst the thing sI have nothing to declare are pedantry, incompetence and a fanatical devotion to astronomy. And ...

I'll come in again.

I didn't expect the Spanish Inquisition.

~

"No one expects the Spanish Inquisition!"

Edited by Nakedgun
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, WolfieGlos said:

Only two;

Starfield 102 ED

Skywatcher Evostar 72ED

And I'll probably be selling the 72ED since it's just sat collecting dust. I seem to be one of a kind here 🤣

My ED 102mm is the Starfield. A lovely telescope. A proper stargazing instrument.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Rob said:

I have 5, but also have 2 more on my radar!.. not suggesting getting 2 more, but you never know!

I've tried to switch my radar off from time to time but it's just to hard too avoid peeking at UK Astro Buy & Sell and the classifieds on SGL a couple of times a day. It's a bad habit - I've just seen a C8 that I fancy but my other scopes are hardly getting used lately 🙄

Edited by John
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Amusingly enough, I was reading the side effects on a medication I am taking, and one of them is listed as ‘compulsive shopping’, so I have a medical excuse for my excessive scope collection! 🤪

• Like 2
  • Haha 11

5 minutes ago, Saganite said:

Stu...I will check my medication just in case I can NOW go shopping...😁

I am sure one of my medications has this side effect mentioned, if not I will just write it in anyway 😉
You have to make others aware of these after all.

• Haha 5

Four… as per my signature.

Five… if I/you include a brass WW1 sighting telescope.

Six… if I/you include a 400mm Photax/Paragon telephoto camera lens when coupled with a M42 helical focusser and/or star diagonal and an eyepiece.

🔭:thumbsup:

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Stu said:

Amusingly enough, I was reading the side effects on a medication I am taking, and one of them is listed as ‘compulsive shopping’, so I have a medical excuse for my excessive scope collection! 🤪

Best excuse ever 🤣

Edited by dweller25
  • Haha 2

15 hours ago, WolfieGlos said:

Only two;

Starfield 102 ED

Skywatcher Evostar 72ED

Likewise: only two.

Starfield 102ED F/7

SW Heritage 150p.

I did have a StellaLyra 8" dob - superb scope - but sold it in order to buy the Starfield, which is much kinder on my back!

The Heritage dob doesn't get much use these days as the focuser drives me insane after the smooth, two-speed one on the SF.

So basically one scope.... luckily it's a great all-rounder.

• Like 3

I have 4 scopes. 

1. A PST solar scope which I bought in early 2005. I have added the Double Stack about 5/6 years ago. It is used virtually ever time the Sun is out.

2. Skywatcher 150P Newt 

3. SvBony 90mm Achro refractor - I mainly use it for White Light observing the Sun. I am thinking of changing it for a StellaMira 80mm ED Frac - well maybe.

4. StellarMira 125mm ED Frac - I purchased this in August of last year but have only used it about 10 times in that period. Continuous cloud cover.

Well that is me at the moment.

• Like 6

Working downwards in size 

• Meade LS8  8" SCT - hardly ever used now - must get it to a dark sky site 
  • Skywatcher 127mm Mak
  • Skywatcher 102mm Mak
  • Skywatcher ST80 - needs fixing 
  • Altair Lightwave 72 ED - my 'goto' 

Az GTI mount, plus a couple of SynScan mounts, with 1 Synscan WiFi module available 

Plus an old unmounted Meade 114mm Newtonian as I donated the handset to someone who could make use of it

Edited by Gfamily
  • Like 2

Four for me.
Takahashi TSA-120 is my main, does everything scope; Tak Epsilon 130d is my night vision scope (and testing how badly eyepieces perform at F/3.3): TV85 is for solar Ha, travel, and daytime use. And the little Tecnoski 60ED is for light travel and daytime use. 

406637BB-404F-4AB4-B156-831407933211.jpeg

• Like 8

25 minutes ago, glafnazur said:

Eight for me at the moment.

1. WO ZG61
  2. SW ST80
  3. Vixen A80MF
  4. SW Evostar 90
  5. SW Esprit 100 ED
  6. Bresser Messier MC-127
  7. SW Evostar 150
  8. OO Europa 200

I remember my other half occasionally having concerns about the number of telescopes in the garage Dave, back when i owned six.

My perfect excuse, and 'trump card' was always, "well, i only own one of them........all the rest are society scopes, and i've been tasked with looking after them for a while....." 😉

• Haha 3