Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Show us your Tak

Stu

8 hours ago, callisto said:

Cheers for that 👍 

Was wanting to double check before I make the decision, like I said it's purely for visual observing 🙂 

Mark.

You only live once! DO IT. 😃

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

What's the use of looking at pics of a load of Tak telescopes, they all look the same - so yesterday.

🤣 Only Joking!  For goodness sake Jeremy, please post a couple of pages with some pics for Mike, or he'll be all sulky and miserable as he hasn't got a copy. 😊

• Haha 4

12 minutes ago, paulastro said:

What's the use of looking at pics of a load of Tak telescopes, they all look the same - so yesterday.

🤣 Only Joking!  For goodness sake Jeremy, please post a couple of pages with some pics for Mike, or he'll be all sulky and miserable as he hasn't got a copy. 😊

What about these? A fine FC 100 and skilled Tak workers 

F77252E1-7F19-48D5-BB1E-17EFED39B309.thumb.jpeg.c187fd6f899b391d2fc0ca31c364c233.jpeg05EBC4B0-86DE-4537-9FBC-F79DC1D0F4B4.thumb.jpeg.d6367ad452b294e59c9f3319263980be.jpeg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, mikeDnight said:

Thanks Jeremy.  You and I know they don't all look alike. One has a C on its serial plate, one a F and one a Z. Paul's just being silly.

Any chance of a word for word translation, or am I being pushy? 😁

Not pushy at all Mike. I just point my camera at the text using Google Lens and it immediately translates. Here’s the intro:

Takahashi Seisakusho Co., Ltd. was founded in 1932 by Kitaro Takahashi as a casting company. After the war, the company entered the astronomical telescope field in 1960, and in 1967 produced the first astronomical telescope under Kiichiro Takahashi's own brand, ``TS''. We have released a 65mm refractor equatorial mount. For more than half a century since then, we have continued to manufacture innovative, high-quality astronomical telescopes, supported by superior design technology and the craftsmen who bring it to life. Currently, Takahashi products are used by many astronomy fans not only in Japan but all over the world. Kabashi Even in this mass consumption society, all of our products are manufactured with care and attention to detail by skilled craftsmen so that they can last a lifetime, maintain their performance for a long time from the time of purchase, and continue to be used with love. Masu. We provide as much maintenance as possible even for products that have been manufactured for several decades. All of us at Takahashi hope that you will be able to use Takahashi products to face the universe and experience

6ADC99FB-1EDF-4A67-8DA0-C43EAA280D68.thumb.jpeg.e6088a30eb762222375a29af6c7a9ce5.jpeg

Edited by JeremyS
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, JeremyS said:

But Dave @F15Rules won’t get beyond this page

160330F0-6991-4A01-B4C3-CB62600B872E.thumb.jpeg.71a75a7a9534e38562c71cc77e98e010.jpeg

Brilliant handle and available from FLO if you ask nicely (isn't on the website) 🙂With the accessory ring it needs it is just about the most expensive handle solution you can imagine!

• Like 1

🤑😻

Funny how things change! As a young teenager, one would pour over glossy magazines with photos of minimally dressed models. As an old, sad sack, I now spend most of my free time devouring catalogues of Japanese telescopes. I wonder what that young teenager-me would think of me now.

What is this catalogue, Jeremy? I need it bad! Seems different from the most recent one over at Tak Japan: https://www.takahashijapan.com/ct-products/new-catalog/202310_Catalog_web.pdf

Edited by Hans Joakim
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, JeremyS said:

8725615A-02E1-4447-8E60-177181564F27.thumb.jpeg.0aa6e34e3d722a912ffa54e406f3d387.jpeg350847B7-BC6C-4112-92FE-19B210FA4C6E.thumb.jpeg.d725ee62f1f770bd10968063cb0e6240.jpeg

Wish they would expand the scale of the longitudinal aberration plots.  I know they have zero crossings and are basically straight lines across the aperture, but it would be useful (for the geek in me at least) to see the variation in wavelength focus.  Still I saw one plot which had a scale of 7mm on the x-axis and all the lines just looked straight (but definitely were not based on the telescope model) so they are not the worst for it.  Pretty sure even a singlet wouldn't need a 7mm axis for its aberration plot!

Loving the catalogue pics.  Any chance they feature some of the big custom order FCTs?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Hans Joakim said:

🤑😻

Funny how things change! As a young teenager, one would pour over glossy magazines with photos of minimally dressed models. As an old, sad sack, I now spend most of my free time devouring catalogues of Japanese telescopes. I wonder what that young teenager-me would think of me now.

What is this catalogue, Jeremy? I need it bad! Seems different from the most recent one over at Tak Japan: https://www.takahashijapan.com/ct-products/new-catalog/202310_Catalog_web.pdf

My catalogue is from September. It doesn’t have the expanded TPL eyepiece range which is now available and shown in the October catalogue in your link.