Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Hello from Cornwall UK

AstroNebulee

Hi

From Delabole, Cornwall 

I'm just starting out in astronomy, I used to use my old 7x50 binoculars I had as a child and really got back into looking atvthe night sky feeling in awe of how small we are and the expanse of space. I have recently bought a celestron cometron 76x300mm scope (don't snigger 😉) and not had any clear nights yet but they'll come. Just wanted an entry level cheap scope and had good reviews. I like it so far and it's a good scope for my purposes so far in learning more about the night sky. Will try to take photos when the nights clear. Just wanted to say hello basically. 

Edited by LeeHore7
Adding village name
  • Like 1

A very warm welcome too from a regular visitor to Cornwall but who now is locked down elsewhere in the country. 

I often wondered how you pronounce Delabole. Is it as said as spelt - something like Della  ... bowl?  Or more Spanish as in delabolé?  

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Ouroboros said:

A very warm welcome too from a regular visitor to Cornwall but who now is locked down elsewhere in the country. 

I often wondered how you pronounce Delabole. Is it as said as spelt - something like Della  ... bowl?  Or more Spanish as in delabolé?  

Hi

Thank you for your welcome. Hoped the skies will clear here soon and can get to use my new scope. We will welcome you back down once the restrictions are lifted. Delabole is pronounced as you said in the first instance, you'll be surprised at the number of visitors that say it the Spanish way. 

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Neil H said:

Hi Lee the weather is the curse of the new Telescope , warm welcome to one big family 

Hi

Yes I'm beginning to realise that at the moment lol, thank you for your welcome. 

• Like 1