SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

NEW StellaMira Refractor Telescopes

FLO

Should sit nicely on my photo tripod / geared head for a nice grab’n’go setup. Only weighs 4.1kg and my photo mount will handle 8 or 9 kg. 👍🏻

Little less grab’n’go when on the AZ100 though. 😁

Edited by johninderby
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, Owmuchonomy said:

@FLOI can't see anywhere the weight of the 80mm f/10.  Can you post that please?

4.1 kg (includes tube-rings). 

I had meant to post weights/dimension and more photos today but forgot how busy the Monday after Astrofest is. Will try again tomorrow 🙂

Steve 

• Thanks 1

I love the look of these scopes, simple, classy, enough said. The red reminds me of a certain red dot on my camera, which will shortly, to fund one of these, have one less lens to attach to it!

12 minutes ago, BinocularSky said:

Love the idea of the weaver (or is it a picatinny?) rail on the handle!

Not sure. It is definitely one or the other. 

13 minutes ago, BinocularSky said:

I don't suppose there's a StellaMira binocular in the pipeline? 🙂

If we release a binocular you will be the first to know 🙂 

• Like 1

I assume you all know that in the US these two Long-Perng triplets have been sold by Orion since 2016, but obviously not checked by Es Reid so I would of course get mine from FLO. These youtube videos are quite convincing about the performance of these scopes.

There is a thread on CN on the Long-Perng 80 f/10 but it has until now apparently not been sold outside China, even if they tried to pursuade TS to import it, so that is a real novelty that FLO brings over here.

https://www.cloudynights.com/topic/557492-80mm-f10-ed-refractor/

Edited by gorann
  • Like 1

Very tempting stuff. The only thing stopping me is the fact that these will have to move to the back of the queue of planned items (like one of those 6" F/5.9 achros to convert into a dedicated solar rig for H-alpha, Ca-K, and Solar continuum, using the Beloptik Tri-band ERF halfway down the tube) 

On 02/02/2020 at 20:07, Neil27 said:

Great looking scopes can I ask where these sit with regards to the SW Esprit range?

Comparing fit and finish, StellaMira telescopes are more 'William Optics' than 'Sky-Watcher'. The difference is noticeable when you compare their product photos and even more so when you handle them. If this matters to you - and you don't mind the price difference - then buy a StellaMira. 

Optically, both Esprit and StellaMira telescopes are capable of very high performance. Es' says StellaMira's optics are "more consistent" on the bench than the Esprits. More than that I cannot say 🙂 

Steve 

• Like 2

I’ve owned a couple of WO scopes and my new StellaMira 80mm f/10 is as good in fit and finish. Optics are impressively good as well. Thought it was a bit on the expensive side when I bought it but now after a bit of use seems a bit of a bargain for the quality. 

And have found a Primaluce finder shoe with the cirved base fits perfectly although needs a small dimple drilling in one corner on the back to clear an adjusting screw.

8498CB01-3C28-4903-A1E7-BE7BA0D45A58.jpeg

61FC047A-8AA8-4CF6-89DB-48EA8D3B2064.jpeg

• Like 3