SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

NEW StellaMira Refractor Telescopes

FLO

9 minutes ago, Demon Barber said:

Hi All, it would be nice to know if the handle`s have a smooth underside, i ask only that W/Optic original handle on the mk1 GT81 looked very tactile but had hard edge`s  on the underside and when the scope had been out for a time the hard edge and the cold made using it very uncomfortable, i ended up wrapping tape around it.

I wish FLO the best of luck with their new endevour.

Regards

Mike

It looks like it’s ridged but not sharp edges.

73B75498-0D48-47E4-9870-6DB87ACBAB02.jpeg

Edited by johninderby

1 hour ago, FLO said:

Yes. Definitely. It is supplied with a red-anodised handle 🙂

I will make some more photos of the telescope with handle fitted Mon/Tue. 

Steve 

I think it's sounding like you should offer the handles as a separate item as well, Steve.  Perhaps in a range of colours to match other manufacturer's colour schemes :D

James

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, JamesF said:

I think it's sounding like you should offer the handles as a separate item as well, Steve.  Perhaps in a range of colours to match other manufacturer's colour schemes :D

James

Yes indeed. 😁

I had to order a scope just to get one of the handles. 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 2

Hope the 80mm has red tube rings not black?

All the scopes look very interesting I must say. The 104mm would be similar to my old 106mm triplet which was a lovely scope, and the 85mm looks like it would make a good travel option for visual. Nice 👍

11 hours ago, Stu said:

Hope the 80mm has red tube rings not black?

All the scopes look very interesting I must say. The 104mm would be similar to my old 106mm triplet which was a lovely scope, and the 85mm looks like it would make a good travel option for visual. Nice 👍

The f10 80mm ED has the black-anodised rings shown in the photo and a red-anodised handle. Colour choice is of course subjective. We felt the long f-ratio OTA looked better with rings the same colour as the tube. If we later find people prefer red then we will certainly consider changing the colour when we next order. 

Steve 

stellamira_80mm_f10_classic_ed_telescope

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, FLO said:

The f10 80mm ED has the black-anodised rings shown in the photo and a red-anodised handle. Colour choice is of course subjective. We felt the long f-ratio OTA looked better with rings the same colour as the tube. If we later find people prefer red then we will certainly consider changing the colour when we next order. 

Steve 

Steve, I'm the last person to ask about style and design, so I'm sure you are right. Looks very nice anyway, just wasn't sure if it was an active decision to have them different to the others, but it clearly was! 👍👍

On 31/01/2020 at 14:15, FLO said:

Today is a good day 🙂 

After years of watching the market, months of discussion, planning, and preparation, we have today launched our own brand of refractor telescopes!  'StellaMira'. 

Rather than follow the crowd, for these all-important first telescopes we have chosen two triplets and a doublet from LongPerng in Taiwan. Taiwanese-made telescopes cost a little more than most similarly specified Chinese-made models but we are launching a new brand so wanted something special. 

The larger of the two StellaMira triplets, the StellaMira 104mm ED2 Triplet f/6.25 APO, was displayed at the International Astronomy Show last Nov. It is also the telescope we have chosen for our IKI Observatory at the Pixel Skies facility in Castilléjar, Spain. 

stellamira_104_ed2_triplet_1.jpg

The smaller StellaMira 85mm ED2 Triplet f/6.6 APO is also now in stock and available to buy. 

StellaMira_85_ED2_triplet_telescope_1.jp

Both triplet telescopes feature not one but 'two' ED glass elements. One FPL53 and the other FPL51. The third element is pretty impressive too, made from Lanthanum glass. The resulting colour correction is superb! 

The third telescope is a classic 80mm f10 Doublet. The StellaMira 80mm ED f/10. It also features an FPL53 ED element and a Lanthanum glass element which, together with the long focal-ratio, delivers truly outstanding performance for the visual astronomer. 

All three telescopes are fitted with sturdy LongPerng Rack & Pinion 'hybrid drive' dual speed focusers with 1:10 fine focusing. 

LongPerng's history making telescopes is impressive but because StellaMira is a FLO brand we are taking extra care to ensure every telescope performs to its full potential. With this in mind every single one, including the ED doublets, are being Es Reid tested here in the UK before dispatch. Indeed I want to say a sincere public THANK-YOU to Es for his help in selecting and testing the telescopes. His input and support at various stages of the project has been invaluable 🤗 

Steve 

Absolutely beautiful telescopes, saw these at IAS and immediately fell in love. Will be saving my pennies for the 104! 

• Like 2

Hey Ruz, cool. didn't realise you were on SGL, good stuff :) I also became smitten for this range when I saw the 104mm at the IAS, and had no idea about the 80mm f10 which massively hits my soft spot for long focal length refractors. Having said that, if I had the money for the 104mm :D 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, johninderby said:

DPD now has my 80mm f/10. Looking forward to tomorrow. 😁😁😁

Anyone want me to post some pics when it arrives? 😂😂😂

I think a full review and unboxing is justified. 

• Like 2