Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Hello from the Netherlands

Paul Gerlach

I'm a amateur astronomer with a special interest in spectroscopy. I'm also the designer of the 3d printed 'LOWSPEC' spectrometer.
At the moment I'm working on the new manual for the new version of the LOWSPEC which will have a new grating holder that can easily be swapped with a different grating without opening the instrument.
I hope to upload the files just before the new year.

Regards,
Paul Gerlach

coverbeeld.PNG

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Paul Gerlach said:

I'm a amateur astronomer with a special interest in spectroscopy. I'm also the designer of the 3d printed 'LOWSPEC' spectrometer.
At the moment I'm working on the new manual for the new version of the LOWSPEC which will have a new grating holder that can easily be swapped with a different grating without opening the instrument.
I hope to upload the files just before the new year.

Regards,
Paul Gerlach

coverbeeld.PNG

Hi Paul and welcome to our place :)

I just built your Lowspec :) Am in the process of commissioning it :) It doesn't have your deluxe grating changer, though, but I only have one grating anyway. On the plus side, I'm adding a calibration lamp (starter bulb) which I've tested and used to calibrate/check against a CFL. Just making a holder for it.

Regards

Louise