Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

SGL 2019 SP - Bookings Open!

Grant

On 29/09/2019 at 09:47, Starflyer said:

Are there tent-friendly hard standings in long meadow? Having used one of these for the past few years I can say they make camping in rainy / muddy conditions bearable.

No word on this @Grant ?  When I booked I requested one of these on the Oaks close to Lou and Ian in their caravan.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Starflyer said:

No word on this @Grant ?  When I booked I requested one of these on the Oaks close to Lou and Ian in their caravan.

Long meadow is grass touring pitches with electric hookups.

I will check with Lucksall why they didn’t put you on a hard standing as requested but it looks like so far all tent bookings are in long meadow and will get allocated specific pitches nearer the time based on conditions. 

On 04/10/2019 at 17:04, PhotoGav said:

I'm having flashbacks to panic checking the water levels round the back of the campsite... arrrgh! Let's hope for a calmer and more star focussed party this year. Having said that, I have very fond memories of looking through a huge, beautifully made Dob last year and being stunned by the views. Can't wait for the event, whatever the weather. See you all very soon

Bring it on. Thatchers is packed @Twisted Lip 😜😜

Might need some help putting the awning up, we are awning virgins.

• Like 3

Hello peeps, very long time no see lol. Due to many issues (getting cancer and major surgery) I haven't used any of my kit for ages. It was feeling lonely lol so I booked to go to Kelling, I ended up going with Tich. It was quite a wash out, so Tich and I have decided to come to SGL. We both managed to get the time off work, and we have booked pitch 7 Kingfisher, there will be cake, so feel free to pop by for a cuppa and some cake. I don't know anyone, so it will be good to meet some of you there. Oh just been reminded I met Dave Eagle (I was stalking his quark waiting for gaps in the clouds haha) Many thanks to him for letting me look. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Celeste said:

Hello peeps, very long time no see lol. Due to many issues (getting cancer and major surgery) I haven't used any of my kit for ages. It was feeling lonely lol so I booked to go to Kelling, I ended up going with Tich. It was quite a wash out, so Tich and I have decided to come to SGL. We both managed to get the time off work, and we have booked pitch 7 Kingfisher, there will be cake, so feel free to pop by for a cuppa and some cake. I don't know anyone, so it will be good to meet some of you there. Oh just been reminded I met Dave Eagle (I was stalking his quark waiting for gaps in the clouds haha) Many thanks to him for letting me look. 

What a good idea to try the SGL Str Party, I really hope this one is not a wash out as well, but bring plenty of cake just in case. I will not  have met anyone before either but looking forward to it 🙂 

Steve

• Like 1

1 minute ago, lulu57 said:

You appear to be opposite us....poor you! 😉

Yes I have just seen in the Oaks. I am sure all will be fine 🙂 

Not that it means a lot finding out where I am as I have never been.

There are quite a few other threads opened up I had not noticed about this years do so will have to have a good look through them tonight. However I had better go and pick our takeaway curry up now.

Steve

Just talking to Davey T about coming down with him in his Van.  So might be joining you all.  

Any idea how much the PODs are per night, how to book them and whether there are any left with Electric hook up.

Otherwise I will share Dave's van.  

Carole 

Edited by carastro

Does anyone know if the café will be open the whole week? We're staying Fri-Wed, and I don't know if I can be a*sed to cook!

(Of course, I could get Ian to cook, but his bottom lip may wobble).

Edited by lulu57
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, lulu57 said:

Does anyone know if the café will be open the whole week? We're staying Fri-Wed, and I don't know if I can be a*sed to cook!

(Of course, I could get Ian to cook, but his bottom lip may wobble).

If not theres a Kafe For Campers a few miles down the road 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Is there a grocery shop at the camp? 

Trouble is because of a restrictive low salt medical diet I am on (permanently) I can't easily eat out as everything has too much salt in it.  Mostly have to do home cooking!!!  

Otherwise I'll have to bring everything with me.

Don't think we can go shopping as we have no vehicle as the campervan will be hooked up and awning'd up.  Unless there is a food shop walking distance from the camp. 

Carole 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, carastro said:

Is there a grocery shop at the camp? 

Trouble is because of a restrictive low salt medical diet I am on (permanently) I can't easily eat out as everything has too much salt in it.  Mostly have to do home cooking!!!  

Otherwise I'll have to bring everything with me.

Don't think we can go shopping as we have no vehicle as the campervan will be hooked up and awning'd up.  Unless there is a food shop walking distance from the camp. 

Carole 

There is a Londis/Corner shop about a mile down the road. Been a while since I have been in there but its probably not going to have a massive range of product. Id consider bringing your essentials just incase or stocking up on the way in.

• Like 2