Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

The Obsey

JemC

In the famous words of Bilbao Baggins, I'm going on an adventure!

Almost 2 years ago i got rid of my old shed with the intention of replacing it with a R O R shed, 
Well a lot has happened since then, but no R O R shed ? No way i could build one, my DIY skills are rubbish.

My mount and scope plus other bits have sat in the garage ever since, mainly because it's such a pain to drag everything out and set up only to be thwarted by cloud/rain, so i decided that they would stay in the garage until the arrival of R O R shed,

so fast forward 2 years.....

Well! while browsing some astro sites i happened across an advertisement which said something like wooden observatory for sale, 7ft x 7.5ft, buyer to dismantle and remove, so me being in need of one had a look at the pictures he posted, that will do nicely i thought, so i contacted the seller and asked for more info and pictures,

It's not a roof that rolls off onto supports, it turns out 1/2 of the roof rolls over the other 1/2 with a front section of the shed that drops down,

I was happy with what i received from the seller, he couldn't have been more helpful and seems a really nice bloke, 

Right then, where are you located mate i asked, 

Bovey Tracey he replied,

to be honest, i had never heard of it, so time to consult google maps..

Well it turns out it's only about 270 miles one way from my house in Lancashire ? (so round trip of approx 540 miles)

Time to make a decision, do the positives outweigh the negatives, is it going to be a cost effective solution in getting my R O R shed ? 

after doing some calculations and a little more contact with the seller, the answer to the 2 questions above is YES  ?

I have hired a box van for this coming Saturday,shangied my brother in law to accompany me and..

I'm going on an adventure to Bovey Tracy to dismantle it and give it a new home in sunny Lancashire,

even though my DIY skills are rubbish i feel i have to give this a go,

All in with the cost of The Obsey (as it is now known until i can think of something better) and with the hire van/fuel and brother in laws dinner

it's going to set me back approximately £570 and a day out, I'm well chuffed with that, the cheapest quote i had to have one built was £1000

I have a couple of pictures of the obsey in it's current location if anyone would like to see them,

Sorry to waffle on so long,

Thanks for reading

JemC

3 hours ago, daz said:

Pictures!! :D

3 hours ago, mog3768 said:

Yes agree pictures please always good to see alternative  obsys

Ok here they are,

once i have it home will take a few of my own,

obsey4.jpg.84f6abf1a078fa65c3e292cde7f331e8.jpg 

86653484_gutternowfitted.thumb.jpg.3ac167e1a34e0eb35eb8f86ff20d2a01.jpg

obsey2.jpg.1bc27d984e90717cc31fda7d8f5ff789.jpg

obsey3.jpg.2fe926cdf0e68fe4bcb80fbe6f580891.jpg

Well, that was a long day,

Left home this morning 07:30, drove down to Bovey Tracey, dismantled the obsey, loaded onto van, drove back home and finished unloading into back garden 21:00, first part of the adventure complete,

I'm ready for a brew,

Archived