NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Why was my wife a little upset??

Robny

Can someone please help me understand why my wife was a little upset with me so I don't make the same mistake again, this astronomy hobby is dangerous.

No...its not new,I was just doing a little testing while its cloudy?

20190131_202327.jpg

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On ‎01‎/‎02‎/‎2019 at 06:27, Robny said:

Can someone please help me understand why my wife was a little upset with me so I don't make the same mistake again, this astronomy hobby is dangerous.

No...its not new,I was just doing a little testing while its cloudy?

20190131_202327.jpg

http://www.bestfunnyjokes4u.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/best-funny-cartoon.jpeg

Klitwo

P.S. In the future...if you plan to set up your mount in the living room again...put a big lamp shade on top of it and you'll probably be O.K.....

Is she a bit houseproud and doesn't like things cluttering up the place? 

I have a friend like that and she is really OCD and she would not tolerate such a thing in the house.  Maybe that's why.

Not that I think you've done anything wrong, just trying to answer your question.

Carole 

Is it because you shrunk the kitchen to a miniature scale to fit the mount in there?

Mind you, if that's a picture of her on the wall above the TV, I reckon you'll have a job to make her happy so I wouldn't worry too much ?

My question was a little tongue in cheek, I have a VERY understanding wife (thankfully), and she wasn't too upset.  Although the rubber feet did mark the floor bit I cleaned that before she noticed ?

14 minutes ago, Sunshine said:

You’re  slewing a mount around with no OTA and a counterweight on?

13 minutes ago, Gina said:

Yes, I noticed that - not good!

As to the original question, why don't you ask her?

Good point...never considered that as a problem until you pointed it out.  It is the first time doing so and I have now stopped....lesson learnt ?

4 minutes ago, Robny said:

Good point...never considered that as a problem until you pointed it out.  It is the first time doing so and I have now stopped....lesson learnt ?

Remove the weight and you’re good to slew till your hearts content! Better to have both on though of course. Looks way cooler like that.

51 minutes ago, barkis said:

Tell her to quit moaning, or next time you'll strip down a motor bike on that nice carpet ?

Ron. 

Or butcher a deer or wild hog in the bath tub to get out of the mosquito infested darkness.

Washes up and out so easy!! The water is right there.

Totally true. 

You left one of your slippers on the floor again????

My wife reacts well to things that she finds aesthetically pleasing. The 10” SW Dob = “That hulking waste of money. Into the garage now!”. The Berlebach tripod (double the cost) and a little frac = “that nice wooden tripod with the proper telescope, that can stay”.......

So get a gourmet wooden tripod from our German friends and you’ll be just fine.

Paul

9 minutes ago, PhotoGav said:

Was it because you explained how to polar align, connect with EQAscom and use EQMod all a little too quickly for her to get it first time?

That's exactly what I was doing....well, not explaining it but connecting and testing it....seemed to go quite well

29 minutes ago, dweller25 said:

Maybe it’s because the tripod has black paint and the EQ head is white ?

You habe NO idea how much that bothers me.....??

59 minutes ago, Robny said:

That's exactly what I was doing....well, not explaining it but connecting and testing it....seemed to go quite well

Been there, done that, had to explain what the hell I was up to to the wife and kids too! Good to hear it went well. Did you get the polar align helper working - really useful!

Archived