SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Why was my wife a little upset??

Robny

11 minutes ago, PhotoGav said:

Been there, done that, had to explain what the hell I was up to to the wife and kids too! Good to hear it went well. Did you get the polar align helper working - really useful!

Not got to that stage yet..was confused about that.  Do I need polemaster or the like for that to work? 

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Because the bottom of the dirty battery pack could have left marks on the white rug, you should have put a dust sheet onto the floor first that would have protected the floor as well - simples said the Meerkats.

I'm with you - what's her problem? ? 

Tell her it could be worse - my other half went away for a couple of days, and I had one or two minor things to sort with the powerbox I was making. Dining room table after three days;

IMG-20190126-WA0005.thumb.jpeg.3579c7eb0d5ad9cfd62274fe13cb9f33.jpeg

7 hours ago, Paul73 said:

My wife reacts well to things that she finds aesthetically pleasing. The 10” SW Dob = “That hulking waste of money. Into the garage now!”. The Berlebach tripod (double the cost) and a little frac = “that nice wooden tripod with the proper telescope, that can stay”....

Exactly the same reaction here so I'm replacing my Tripods with wooden ones and now have a family of Fracs rather than Newts.  They've all got the thumbs up though I'm not sure she pays enough attention to realise that there is rather more than One Frac even though they are different coloured. The only thumbs down was that the Starwave f/11 "wasn't the pretty red one like the photo on the web" even though it was used and cost less. can't win them all I guess. 

9 hours ago, Robny said:

Not got to that stage yet..was confused about that.  Do I need polemaster or the like for that to work? 

No Polemaster required (though I would highly recommend the Polemaster). Once you’ve set up your home position, It just rotates the polar reticle to the correct orientation for quick and easy polar alignment.

5 hours ago, PhotoGav said:

No Polemaster required (though I would highly recommend the Polemaster). Once you’ve set up your home position, It just rotates the polar reticle to the correct orientation for quick and easy polar alignment.

After writing that, I saw a video on Youtube of how it works and it does look  like a great feature.  I will for sure be trying that next time.

Rob

17 hours ago, adyj1 said:

I'm with you - what's her problem? ? 

Tell her it could be worse - my other half went away for a couple of days, and I had one or two minor things to sort with the powerbox I was making. Dining room table after three days;

IMG-20190126-WA0005.thumb.jpeg.3579c7eb0d5ad9cfd62274fe13cb9f33.jpeg

I see you're as tidy as me ?.

Good thinking that man! 

Dish washer! Genius! That way you don’t get your hands dirty. You don’t make the same mistake as me; washing my oil covered mitts, then (unsurprisingly) drying said hands, only to find that the towel had done most of the cleaning as well as drying.

I was happy. Mrs 73 was surprisingly, and unreasonably, animated on the subject.

Paul

3 minutes ago, Alan White said:

Clearly we all sometimes find each other hard to understand,
but being 'different' is what makes the world go round.

Oh, absolutely!

2 hours ago, Alan White said:

The Motorcycle engine clean in the dishwasher went well a number of years ago.
My good lady got in while it was in progress.
You can guess the rest. 
Very understanding is Mrs. W, very understanding, which is just as well.

I'm intrigued. No steel or iron parts to rust?

On 31/01/2019 at 20:27, Robny said:

Can someone please help me understand why my wife was a little upset with me so I don't make the same mistake again, this astronomy hobby is dangerous.

No...its not new,I was just doing a little testing while its cloudy?

Keep doing this sort of thing and you'll soon have permission to build that observatory......

I would have thought it's obvious: you are being energy-inefficient. The power you get out of a charged battery has to be less than the energy you need to put into it. So using the battery indoors (where there is a perfectly adequate mains outlet) is grossly inefficient, increases her energy bills and increases global warming. Your wasteful approach on this one day is the cause of all of her financial problems and all of the world's environmental problems. And if you are incapable of understanding why that would make any normal person (i.e. a woman) upset, there really is no hope for you! :icon_biggrin:

I knew those method-acting classes would come in handy for something.

Archived