Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Show me your eyepiece/accessories case, please.

Leegsi

Lookin good, Shaun. Smokin!

Cheers  Gordon :grin:  I only need the 30mm  but I cant find anyone that will part with one.

Seriously nice glass Shaun :)

Thank you Chris :laugh:

You've got the works there Shaun :smiley:

I understand that the barlow provides a variety of amplification depending on the spacers you use. With the Leica zoom it gives virtually a complete eyepiece set. You can therefore send me the Pentax XW 7mm through 20mm  :grin:

Thank you John, I guess I best sell the Barlow :grin:

Lovely case Shaun. I should be getting a 5mm XW to add to my XW7 and XW10 shortly. Gorgeous EPs. Can't really make a case for getting a 14mm and a 20mm, let alone a 3.5mm (yet ;))

Thank you Michael :laugh: It is a tough choice, the 3.5mm is great for Lunar in my Esprit and selling the 2.5mm SLV paid for half of it :grin:

Edited by Pig

Done some rejigging what with the arrival of two big hitters: the Pentax XW5 and the Baader Morpheus 14mm. Still the same case, still with some dangerous empty space. The contents are now:

Vixen LVW 42mm, Nagler 31T5, Nagler 22T4,

Nagler 17T4, Morpheus 14mm, Nagler 12T4,

Pentax XW10, Delos 8mm, Pentax XW7, MaxVision 24mm 68° (to be moved to travel set),

Pentax XW5

To the right are two filters (moon and H-beta), an Orion Amici prism (2"), and a Denkmeier Filter-Switch diagonal.

post-5655-0-25069700-1445859792_thumb.jp

• Like 5

Nice set Michael :smiley:

I've gone for a minimalist approach here. Maxvision 24mm 68, Celestron 8-24 zoom, TAL 6.3mm plossl, moon filter and a freebie red light torch from somewhere. Around £100 for the lot including the case :grin:

post-118-0-53564000-1445870329_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Nice set Michael :smiley:

I've gone for a minimalist approach here. Maxvision 24mm 68, Celestron 8-24 zoom, TAL 6.3mm plossl, moon filter and a freebie red light torch from somewhere. Around £100 for the lot including the case :grin:

attachicon.gifoutreacheps.JPG

That is close to my ultra-lightweight travel set: MV 68deg 24mm for wide field, WO Zoom-II 7.5-22.5mm and Vixen SLV 5mm.. Bit more expensive, though

That is close to my ultra-lightweight travel set: MV 68deg 24mm for wide field, WO Zoom-II 7.5-22.5mm and Vixen SLV 5mm.. Bit more expensive, though

Do you have lightweight and mediumweight travel sets as well Michael ? :smiley:

• Like 1

2015 version.

Had to succumb and get a Maplins case due to the new additions of the Delites my wooden case was has been outgrown.

Will get round to making a nice wooden case for these eventually but this will do for now.

post-2283-0-03513200-1446062289_thumb.jp

Edited by philj
  • Like 3

2015 version.

Had to succumb and get a Maplins case due to the new additions of the Delites my wooden case was has been outgrown.

Will get round to making a nice wooden case for these eventually but this will do for now.

Nice Phil, your case is growing and mine is shrinking, i am in the process of slimming down my astro gear, going back to my smaller EP case

• Like 1

Yeah I noticed Jules. Im after clearing some as well, I have a load of TMB planetaries which I haven't used in yonks. I shall get round to advertising them some day soon

I currently have 3 cases, some have to go

Edited by philj
  • Like 1

I really like this tip by L8-Nite: http://stargazerslounge.com/topic/254918-custom-made-eyepiece-case/#entry2781119

It teaches how you can use empty spray cans to make holes of the right size  in foam.

Wonderful, simple and effective!

I suppose you have to make sure that the cans are really empty before you do this.

Thanks to everyone who shows their eyepiece cases here. I visit regularly to have a look at them. Wouldn't want to miss any!

Edited by Ruud

Phil that is nice range of EPs. How care finding the new TeleVue DeLite EPs?

Love them Mark. I was out for an hour last night doing a few doubkes before the moon got too high and the cloud came in and I found I was using the TVs over the lvws but I think thats because of the newness of the tvs more than quality.

I like the fov in the delites and its a true to the edge of field view. I still think the lvws are excellent though

My case only has five in it for now - recently reduced from 11. Currently 26 Nagler t5, 24 Panoptic, 17.3 Delos, 16 Nagler t5 (this may also be on the block as I think a 14 Delos might be a better bet) plus a 6-3mm Nagler zoom.

Thankfully DRT (Derek) is feeding me two DeLites (7 & 11) to fill the gap :0)

Thankfully DRT (Derek) is feeding me two DeLites (7 & 11) to fill the gap :0)....

Low mileage ones too ! :smiley:

Looks like I'll be the only one on the forum who still uses hyper wide eyepieces at this rate :rolleyes2:

• Like 2

Looks like I'll be the only one on the forum who still uses hyper wide eyepieces at this rate :rolleyes2:

Don't worry John, I'm still committed to the cause [emoji3]

Me too!

Which is why I've offloaded those little narrow things to Shane :lol:

• Like 4