Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Show me your eyepiece/accessories case, please.

Leegsi

Nice Shane :smiley:

Is that one of those simple cheshire's that I can see the top of ?

I have one like that - dead cheap but it seems to do the trick so easily :smiley:

If the Delite's come out in 4mm and 3mm focal lengths I'd be interested to see if they could oust the Radian's I currently have in those slots. From the reports on the current Delites I suspect they would.

hi mate

yes indeed it is. I use is as my main check on the primary as it's just so simple. The normal Cheshire I use for the cross hairs to adjust the secondary only - I use a ring of neoprene foam to block the angled face for this although I sometimes use it for everything too.

The Delos are as I suspected very similar to my old Radians although I was a little surprised that they feel a little lighter in the hand to me. Could be my memory being selective. Not had a chance to use them though as I only got them today. I think my travel kit (for the 80mm f6 apo) will be 24mm Panoptic (20x 3.4 deg.), 11mm Delos (44x 1.4 deg.) and 6-3mm (80x-160x) Nagler zoom. This is the main reason I am thinking about selling my 16mm Nagler t5 (30x 2.7 deg,) is that it does not add much to the travel set up and at home, I'll be more likely to use the 17.3 Delos.

Totally agree! In fact one reason I bought the DeLites was that I liked my old Radians so much. I did feel though that for some reason 11mm and 7mm fit better with my scopes and unfortunately Radians don't come in those focal lengths. You'll be welcome to try them at SGL11.

• Like 1

Thanks Shane - I may well take you up on that !

Apparently 3 new focal length Delites are due out by Christmas. The focal lengths are not known yet but the "buzz" seems to favour 9mm and 5mm plus another short focal length. :smiley:

• Like 1

Mine is looking a bit more full again now! Just a 14mm and 8mm Delos to go and likely to sell the 16mm t5 that I have only recently bought as I feel it's an unnecessary addition.

f18187a214829caddc20a310d40e44ab.jpg

I haven't seen so much green and black since my dad's 1980s computer monitor loading a BIOS! Nice eyepieces.

John

Edited by gooseholla

My EP case is fairly complete (like I've never said that before!  :grin: )

That great big gap will be eventually filled with either a 17.3 Delos or 17mm T4, the ES replaced with either a 22mm T4 or 26mm T5. I find I don't use low powers very much so no great rush for those.

There is Astronomic OIII, DGM NPB, Lumicon #8 and 82a# filters in the pouch in the middle.

post-20821-0-88781000-1446280013.jpg

• Like 2

My EP case is fairly complete (like I've never said that before!  :grin: )

That great big gap will be eventually filled with either a 17.3 Delos or 17mm T4, the ES replaced with either a 22mm T4 or 26mm T5. I find I don't use low powers very much so no great rush for those.

There is Astronomic OIII, DGM NPB, Lumicon #8 and 82a# filters in the pouch in the middle.

That case looks very similar to how mine did last year when I made some sweeping changes, very nice. fwit I still miss the delos 8mm  :huh:

Mike73 & Paul73, are you two brothers?  :laugh:

:grin:

That case looks very similar to how mine did last year when I made some sweeping changes, very nice. fwit I still miss the delos 8mm  :huh:

I always take all the bottom caps off, roll the filter pouch out, pop the clip on light on and then I'm ready to observe with minimal fuss.

Yeah I do like my Delos, I could quite easily settle for the 10mm XW as I can see very little difference between the XW's and Delos.

I may squeeze a x2 TV barlow in there for very high mags for PN's but no rush for that.

just saw this on eBay.de go for 125 Euros, dimensions (cms)  47 x 17 x 16

uh oh, forgot to say without the goodies! :(

I do like these wodden boxes however with the way many of us change our eyepieces I can't help but feel you would be buying to fit the box rather than fit the job!

post-28662-0-78434200-1446720862_thumb.j

At  last I think my eyepiece case may be how I want it - but I have thought that before! :laugh:

Bought a more rugged case and now have Explore Scientific at the longer focal lengths, and 'Green and Black' at the shorter end, plus a Baader zoom for good measure (and aligning!) 

Kerry

• Like 4

Thats a great set Kerry :smiley:

The 20/21mm 100's seem large but somehow the shorter but fatter 30/31mm 82's seem larger when you put them in the drawtube !

When you use a Powermate, things can get a bit silly :rolleyes2: :

post-118-0-92388700-1446722444_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Nice collection, Kerry :smiley:

Very nice Kerry

I thought that the 30mm was a monster of an eyepiece. But next to the 20mm 100° ........

Paul

And I have been under impression that Delos' are long....

• Like 1

It's interesting how this thread makes you aware of the relative sizes of eyepieces. When I first got re-interested in astronomy, after my schoolboy years, I still thought that all eyepieces were small and light, but these days there are some real monsters. I thought that the ES 100's were big but I've seen some even bigger lately on the forum - almost like small telescopes. What is it in their designs which creates the size?

Having said that, I do like the big ones. I'm not sure why, but there is something about them as you plug them into the scope that seems to indicate that they mean business!  :laugh:

• Like 1

I

Having said that, I do like the big ones. I'm not sure why, but there is something about them as you plug them into the scope that seems to indicate that they mean business!  :laugh:

ah but I appreciate (if that is the best word) the sense of disproportion in the size of a 0.965 or 1 1/4 inch attached to a FT focuser at the rear of a 130. :)

It always brings a smile.:)

michael 

Thats a great set Kerry :smiley:

The 20/21mm 100's seem large but somehow the shorter but fatter 30/31mm 82's seem larger when you put them in the drawtube !

When you use a Powermate, things can get a bit silly :rolleyes2: :

I will throw a picture up of the Nikon in the powermate when I get chance John, we are talking mini scope size  :cool:  :grin:

I will throw a picture up of the Nikon in the powermate when I get chance John, we are talking mini scope size  :cool:  :grin:

I'd like to see that Steve :smiley:

I thought the Nikon came with some form of tele extender which turns it into a 12.5mm ?

I'd like to see that Steve :smiley:

I thought the Nikon came with some form of tele extender which turns it into a 12.5mm ?

I think the EiC-H14 comes with HW 17 changes it to 14mm, and the EiC-H10 comes with HW12.5 changes it to 10mm. As the EiCs have only two lens, and change focus position as shown here, they are more barlows than tele-extender.

• Like 1

Here you go John. I have to tighten the scope clutch up a little as the extra weight of these two really showed last time out and I am also adding another removeable counter weight for the base.

Apologies for the photo quality. Added vignetting to dim the glare.

post-26735-0-81240600-1446762081_thumb.j

Steve

• Like 1