Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Show me your eyepiece/accessories case, please.

Leegsi

Here's my latest incarnation. Recently sold 13mm Ethos to add 16mm T2 Nagler plus added a 40mm TV Widefield. I think I am done although I am a little tempted for a mid-range zoom for solar. I think I need a new foam insert!

attachicon.gifDSCF0497.JPG

Lovely set Shane, but you've really set my OCD off...... I know they are arranged in f/l order, but shouldn't the Plossls and Orthos be in two separate groups?? ;-) ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Here's my latest incarnation. Recently sold 13mm Ethos to add 16mm T2 Nagler plus added a 40mm TV Widefield. I think I am done although I am a little tempted for a mid-range zoom for solar. I think I need a new foam insert!

attachicon.gifDSCF0497.JPG

Is that my old 11mm Plossl I can see there?

We all get to the stage when we feel we are done on EP`s, i feel i have to many,  I have in this order

4, 5 , 6, 6.3, 7, 9, 10, 12.5, 16, 17, 18, 20 plus 3 different 25mm , 28, 32, and last but not least a 42mm

Is that my old 11mm Plossl I can see there?

My old 12.5mm BGO too :-)

OCD struck again and I've just managed to replace it finally for a reasonable price :-)

I find myself frequently using my case of Orthos/Plossls plus a couple of extras

I've got, in a lovely small case.....

24mm Panoptic

18, 12.5, 9, 7, 6 & 5mm BGO/Hutech

25, 20, 15 & 11mm TV Plossl

3 to 6 Nag zoom

Most bases covered in a case that's easy to take away and with eyepieces which keep the balance on a small Giro mount. I really enjoy using them all I must say, particularly with the TV85

yveza5e7.jpg

Stu

Nice case full Stu :smiley:

Using a Giro-type mount does make you focus on scope balance that bit more.

I acquired an Altair Astro AZ mount recently and realised very quickly that I had to tighten the altitude knob every time I changed eyepieces.

The mount is so smooth and intuitive to use I just love it.

I have the following focal lengths:

3.5 - 5 - 7 - 9 - 10 - 14 - 15 - 17 - 20 - 24 - 28 - 30 - 38

8 to 24 Zoom

1.6X - 2X - 2.25X Barlows

I think thats all bases covered for focal lengths but as far as quality is concerned, thats another matter.

Avtar

Nice case full Stu :smiley:

Using a Giro-type mount does make you focus on scope balance that bit more.

That's very true John. One other benefit of lightweight eyepieces is that when you change them, so long as you have a little tension on the clutches the scope tends not to move.

I enjoyed a very nice session with this kit last night. It covers all bases except for very wide field

My old 12.5mm BGO too :-)

OCD struck again and I've just managed to replace it finally for a reasonable price :-)

dont forget your old BGO18 is now in Queensbury  :grin:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just to update my case with the addition of the Leica. I know Shane was worried about my addiction, so he will be pleased to know I'm now down to 'just' two cases, one Widefield and one Ortho/Plossl etc

I do have another for prisms/diagonals but we won't mention that here ;-)

So, this one has my big boy 2" ethos/Nagler plus the Leica and VIP Barlow

seja8utu.jpg

This one (same as a few posts ago, just for the record), serves as my travel case, for solar and for higher power/double splitting.

a6yzezuq.jpg

I don't think I need anything else, but in a few years time I may look to add back some Delos or XW in a couple of spots.

Stu

• Like 4

Very Nice Stu  :smiley:

I'm down to two cases as well now. Maybe the compulsion is under control  :rolleyes2:

I think we have probably both reached the point where any further changes are driven more by curiosity than need. You can remind me I posted that if and when I buy another eyepiece !  :wink:

• Like 3

I'm a bit worried about your widefield case, Stu.

How can you sleep at night having that sequence along the top row :eek:

21mm, 31mm, 17mm, 13mm / Ethos, Nagler, Ethos, Ethos.

Are you just trying to mess with our heads or are you part of some secret society where obsessive compulsive disorder is not just a mere fact of life?

…and I just noticed that the Leica and Barlow aren't facing the same way!

I feel quite faint just looking at it :help:

Edited by DRT
  • Like 5

I'm a bit worried about your widefield case, Stu.

How can you sleep at night having that sequence along the top row :eek:

21mm, 31mm, 17mm, 13mm / Ethos, Nagler, Ethos, Ethos.

Are you just trying to mess with our heads or are you part of some secret society where obsessive compulsive disorder is not just a mere fact of life?

…and I just noticed that the Leica and Barlow aren't facing the same way!

I feel quite faint just looking at it :help:

Derek, my humble apologies for causing such distress ;-). Having looked back at the pictures I have gone to have a lie down in a darkened room! I also noticed that the 13mm is positioned lower than the other three, a traumatic situation for us eyepiece case OCD sufferers.

I shall endeavor to rectify the situation and re-post the image :-)

Stu

Derek, my humble apologies for causing such distress ;-). Having looked back at the pictures I have gone to have a lie down in a darkened room! I also noticed that the 13mm is positioned lower than the other three, a traumatic situation for us eyepiece case OCD sufferers.

I shall endeavor to rectify the situation and re-post the image :-)

Stu

i will organise them for you stu, just send them to me, i used a micrometer to get them equal :grin:

DSC_0009.jpg

• Like 2