Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Show me your eyepiece/accessories case, please.

Leegsi

Excellent, Mike, well done :wink:

{I'm desperately trying to ignore the random Allen key}

wondered if anyone would notice, buy the way that pic is in my garage. the alan key is for my feathertouch focuser and cateye colimation kit. quite paranoid about loosing it :grin:

Just finished my EP case today, thats it I'm done.....Noooooo more!!!!!! Never again will I buy another EP!!!!!!! 

Edit: Just a bit of Monday afternoon light humour there don't take it too serious!  :grin:

Along the bottom left to right

26mm Nagler, 17mm Nagler, 12mm Nagler, Leica ASPH + Baader VIP barlow.

post-20821-0-15683100-1407153979_thumb.j

• Like 2

Very nice Mike - the "end on" approach fits more into a case  :smiley:

Amazing how it mounts up though isn't it ?. My rough calculation is that the last 3 eyepiece collections posted in this thread would equate to around £7,500 in total on the used market and probably around £10K to replace with new   :shocked:

I'm just as guilty though but it's my only hobby so  :p   :smiley:

• Like 1

Lovely job Mike, precision work there ;-)

I think I need some new foam inserts for mine, too many changes.

Bet that missing 7mm BGO keeps you awake at night though ;-)

it realy does stu hence the gap :grin:

• Like 1

hahaha, love this thread. I daren't post my case on here as some of you OCD case brigade lads will be having hissy fits.......

Oh go on then

post-26735-0-13688600-1407167576.jpg

The revelation astro 42mm was bought for scanning the skies after I had done the cutting out hence the bit of repair done under the harry glaterrer.

The gap is where my Delos 8mm sits and she is due to be returned to the fold very soon after being sent to America for repair and some RnR (My 2nd most used EP) The barlow will be removed once she returns as I use that on the 17.3mm Delos atm but its not the same.

The beast is an Axiom 31mm/82 degree heavyweight with my now most used SW UWA 22mm underneath. (She is vastly under rated IMO, its a cracking eyepiece for the money and is worth double what I paid)

hahaha, love this thread. I daren't post my case on here as some of you OCD case brigade lads will be having hissy fits.......

Oh go on then

attachicon.gif!cid_F335087F-A7A2-4198-A628-4E2A560AFAE3.jpg

The revelation astro 42mm was bought for scanning the skies after I had done the cutting out hence the bit of repair done under the harry glaterrer.

The gap is where my Delos 8mm sits and she is due to be returned to the fold very soon after being sent to America for repair and some RnR (My 2nd most used EP) The barlow will be removed once she returns as I use that on the 17.3mm Delos atm but its not the same.

The beast is an Axiom 31mm/82 degree heavyweight with my now most used SW UWA 22mm underneath. (She is vastly under rated IMO, its a cracking eyepiece for the money and is worth double what I paid)

how come there not level :grin:

A bit like my lone 5mm Hutech!

swop you my 5mm bgo for your ethos

Ok, so you can all relax now ;-)

I cant believe you put your Leica in your case like THAT!!!  :icon_eek: ............Stu its screwed all the way over to x25 surely it should be between x30 and x40!! Could you change it please? It makes me feel a little uncomfortable.  :grin:

• Like 2

Ok, so you can all relax now ;-)

duqybe2e.jpg

You're getting there.

Now all you have to do is move the VIP up one row of foam so that it is in line with the Lecia and we can all sleep soundly.

You know it makes sense :wink:

• Like 1

Well, after a sleepless night thanks to the OCD appreciation society (aka SGL!) ;-), I sorted the case this morning before work. Found some spare foam and even added my filters in there for good measure. Happy now, and Mike I think I got the Leica bang in the centre of its range ;-)

ety2ajaq.jpg

I shall stop taking this thread over now and look forward to seeing everyone else's Fung Shui'd cases :-)

Stu

• Like 6

This is brilliant :)

I've been having nightmares about the fact that I put my 18mm Meade 5000 UWA in the bottom corner of my case, and a 9mm HD-60 next to it, which means I'm going to have to reorganise the whole lot once I get a wide angle 32mm or high power EP. 

Maybe some of them will be the same size (ish) and therefore can do a straight swap...

post-8274-0-53501900-1405798447.jpg

• Like 1

I'll just repost this here to show how nice and neat I am  :cool:

post-5915-0-45288800-1407241075_thumb.jp

There is nothing new inside from 10 pages ago other than a 2" Astronomik O-III but you can just imagine that under the UHC ;)

• Like 6

Very nice Rik  :smiley: 

Really cant help it but I still drool a bit over XW's.... :)

Have to agree Mike. Rik was using them way before I "discovered" them but now I'm considering the 10mm to go with the 7, 5 and 3.5mm that I've picked up over the past 18 months. 

The 30mm and 40mm XW's are out of production now I believe and have become rather sought after. I saw a "wanted" advert not long ago that was offering $600 for a mint condition used one !

I've been having nightmares

You and me both!

Very nice case, Joe. There is no point stressing about what comes next so long as the current crop look orderly.

But I have found that policy becomes very expensive when it comes to buying replacement foam every time an EP arrives or departs! :rolleyes:

• Like 1

I'm loving the OCD and feng shui!  :grin:

I'm severely lacking in both departments, even to not having a case at all!

I have 2 very nice plastic boxes with my EPs lovingly (ahem) arranged inside.  :embarassed:

The 2 boxes do sit inside a rather nice window seat, but I don't think that really counts either.  :p

And that's before we even get started on the EP collection compared to what's posted here.  :smiley:

• Like 1

And that's before we even get started on the EP collection compared to what's posted here.  :smiley:

you havew some very nice EP's in that there signature of yours fella. Particularly keen on the pana 32mm and the x-cels are great ep's for the cost, nice...

Well, after a sleepless night thanks to the OCD appreciation society (aka SGL!) ;-), I sorted the case this morning before work. Found some spare foam and even added my filters in there for good measure. Happy now, and Mike I think I got the Leica bang in the centre of its range ;-)

ety2ajaq.jpg

I shall stop taking this thread over now and look forward to seeing everyone else's Fung Shui'd cases :-)

Stu

:eek:  O come on Stu.... I mean really.... ££££ in eyepieces and you pack it in off cuts of pluck. I think you need to take a look on at this thread mate http://stargazerslounge.com/topic/221907-custom-eyepiece-case-review/ :D

• Like 1