Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Show me your eyepiece/accessories case, please.

Leegsi

Nice one digger. I got one of those 4mm "UWA" EPs (more like a planetary) second-hand for my son when he got glasses, and he could no longer use the 6.3mm Plossl on his 4.5" mini-Dob. I was impressed by the quality of that EP. It is also comfortable to use. On my F/6 APM triplet it produced some really nice images of Saturn, Mars and Jupiter.

• Like 1

Yep I'm really pleased with the SW 4mm UWA. I wasn't sure if my little Heritage 130 could handle it but it works great. Next one I want in the box is a decent wide field and that "should" do now until I can afford a new scope. But as pointed out that expensive looking space in the case just seems to be pleading to be filled.

My current set. There's also a 9mm Ortho (Kasai), missing from the pic. 
From left to right: 
Antares Plossl 32mm - 52° 
Agena ED 21mm - 55° 
Magellan 12mm - 66° 
SW Goldline 6mm - 66° 

post-11253-0-07348400-1404392293_thumb.j

EP true FOV on M45 with my 200/1200 dobsonian:

post-11253-0-43887300-1404392316.png

• 2 weeks later...

Just added a WO dielectric diagonal to the case. I soldone when I got my Dennkmeier filter-switch diagonal but that will not come to focus with the 80mm F/6. The 2" Amici prism does reach focus, but I do not always like to use that. Still plenty of space. Note that the case does not contain my MV24mm or WO zoom, as I keep them in the solar case I take to work frequently

post-5655-0-43351100-1405243716_thumb.jp

• Like 3

I would love to show my EP case but don't know how to take a picture and put it in the correct place so if anyone has any ideas I would be very happy to hear from you I'm writing to you on a Motorola XOOM which takes pictures but sending them to this site is a mystery. Jimmy.

I would love to show my EP case but don't know how to take a picture and put it in the correct place so if anyone has any ideas I would be very happy to hear from you I'm writing to you on a Motorola XOOM which takes pictures but sending them to this site is a mystery. Jimmy.

Are you using TapaTalk to connect to the forum?

If so, when you are typing a message there should be a small button on the left that has a picture of a camera on it. Click on the camera and it will tell you what to do.

If not, I don't know.

Hi all

Thought I might as well get in on the action with my small collection!

The top two are the stock SW MAs, in there from before I got the 'replacements' which are the Meade 5000 UWA 18mm and recently purchased (last week!) Meade 5000 HD-60 9mm at the bottom. On the right are the Revelation 2.5x Barlow and my modified Lifecam Cinema HD, with a couple of filters (UV and Skyglow) and microfiber cloths.

Not much as yet but steadily growing!

post-8274-0-53501900-1405798447_thumb.jp

Here's my latest incarnation. Recently sold 13mm Ethos to add 16mm T2 Nagler plus added a 40mm TV Widefield. I think I am done although I am a little tempted for a mid-range zoom for solar. I think I need a new foam insert!

post-5119-0-33731200-1406065123_thumb.jp

• Like 2

Very nice selection now Shane. All bases covered I'd say  :smiley:

I keep saying "thats it" with mine too but somehow something else slips in now and again. I've fallen for the Pentax XW's lately and I just need the 10mm to complete my short FL line of those. I could do with a short set of orthos again too I suppose ...... oh dear it never stops !   :embarrassed:

I was thinking of getting a 6mm Delos but having used the Baader 2.25 Zoom Barlow with the 10mm and 14mm Delos' giving me 4.4mm and 6.2mm I don't think I need anymore eyepieces.

I was pleasantly surprised to find how clear and sharp the images were with this Barlow.

Thats it I've got all the Astro gear I need, bring on the dark clear nights.

Avtar

Just made my set complete with a 36mm aspheric from Baader  :happy6:

Does your TAL 125 Apolar bring 2" eyepieces to focus OK Wim ?

The one I had to test did not have enough inwards focuser travel so I had to stay with 1.25" accessories.

Does your TAL 125 Apolar bring 2" eyepieces to focus OK Wim ?

The one I had to test did not have enough inwards focuser travel so I had to stay with 1.25" accessories.

No it doesn't. I tried a 2, prisma but I could not get focus