Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Show me your eyepiece/accessories case, please.

Leegsi

Super eyepieces Michael.

The T4 Naglers are the most immersive of that range without doubt.

Here is a update of my lot. The Pentax XW 5mm, Nirvana 4mm and Nagler T6 3.5mm are the newbies but I've yet to re-work the case to fit them in !. I really can't see any need to change these now to be honest:

John, that's a wonderful eyepiece collection. You must be delighted.

You have me wondering though, when you mentioned that you can't see any need for further updates / revisions... are you not slightly tempted to upgrade the 20 Nagler to either the 17 Ethos or 21 Ethos? Not to question the quality glass that is the 20 Nag, but more to complete that lovely Ethos set you have.:)

Rob

Edited by Rob_UK_SE

J... are you not slightly tempted to upgrade the 20 Nagler to either the 17 Ethos or 21 Ethos? Not to question the quality glass that is the 20 Nag, but more to complete that lovely Ethos set you have......

Do you sell for a living Rob ? :)

I'm trying to be sensible and level headed (makes a change :icon_scratch:) and this is currently helped enormously by an empty astro budget :)

No, not a salesman - a school teacher in fact!

Your levelheadedness is to be admired John. Regrettably, I suffer all the chronic 'astro flu' symptoms and bugs... aperture fever, fieldofviewitus, Ethosinsomnia... the usuals. I also find I am forever plagued by clouds, but that could just be good old back luck.

Rob

Edited by Rob_UK_SE

Some amazing sets there! What case do you recommend then? I dont want to break the bank but want em safe.

Mine is the Maplins one with the pluck foam filling. They are quite popular although I see one view in this thread that they are flimsy but mine seems OK.

heres a tip for anyone after a solid flight case . i just recieved a "makita" aluminium drill case 420mm x300mm. for a tenner of the bay. its robust ,ive prised off the makita insignia to leave a nice black and silver case. now ive ordered some foam ,also from e bay for £5.

so once it arrives i'll crack on with the case project. now all i need is some e/p's !!

but my main reason for posting was the case idea. thought they are solid and cheap.

i'll post pic's once ive done fafing about.

I've been following this thread for a while- now eventualy once I've sorted my own case out - cannot find it anywhere but am so pleased with my results- thought I'd share it anyway - I know its kind of skinny on actual EPs = but definitely room for expansion - created mostly with a felt pen and a bread knife lol

post-31765-133877733267_thumb.jpg

Edited by stevetynant

Here's my longbox with a selection of Plossl's, 127 mak, motor battery pack, hand controller and webcam. Also have the Revelation 80mm OTA and box along with its respective 2'' diagonal, 2'' barlow and eyepieces. Have yet to source bags and boxes for EQ5 and NEQ6 Tripods and mounts.

post-31527-133877733546_thumb.jpg

By no means do I think this is the best case out there. I have not long begun stargazing and I spent quite a lot of money on stuff so for the minute this will have to do.

When I open my case you will see that there are my heated gloves and neck scarf and in the back I have heated shoe insoles, perfect for the cold nights, especially the shoe insoles because I suffer from cold feet and it really does spoil the nights viewing then cold.

Under the foam, which is very poorly cut out I have 4 compartments, containing all my other stuff. Still no extra eyepieces but I will be getting some soon.

4e90637c-8815-32fe.jpg4e90637c-881d-6c80.jpg

b0e39f9944f64da388ab12b55577936c_15874.jpg?dl=1330180604

so, its a makita drill case, with the logo ripped off,cost me a tenner and the foam was £5.00 delivered. its perfect for the job. just need a couple more e/p's now.

How do you get the telrad to fit to a 90mm frak ?? I would have thought a quikfinder would have been more suitable ??

How do you get the telrad to fit to a 90mm frak ?? I would have thought a quikfinder would have been more suitable ??

148766dea330455ff0836a0c12ddf81c_15915.jpg?dl=1330365949

seems fine to me, they are very light. i used cable ties,as the arc of the base seems made for a circumference larger than my o.t.a

love it.

I found myself in a dilemma before posting on this thread, but I came to the conclusion 'What the heck'... :p we all like talking about kit etc.

I have recently changed my eyepiece case to a slightly deeper one that allows a TV Powermate 2x2 to stand vertically - saving a little space. The case is sold by an eBay seller called 'allendale-stores' and was a very reasonable £25. I have been very impressed so far.

In terms of eyepieces, I have moved towards a slightly more minimalist selection, preferring to use the Powermate to achieve the shorter focal lengths needed for my refractor. The current range in their native sizes is perfect for the larger SCT. Although it does create a rather weighty arrangement I haven't had any issues with balance or strain on the Tele Vue's rack and pinion focuser - just as well really.

I would like to say this is the final, final, absolute end of, complete setup - never to change again, however, I know it would most likely lead to me eating a big helping of humble pie in a few months!

Oh well see what happens, this is the final setup...

Clear skies.

Rob

post-31119-133877738467_thumb.jpg

Edited by Rob_UK_SE