Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Show me your eyepiece/accessories case, please.

Leegsi

my new case with only a few select eps. i wonder how many times i have done this. last one now :grin:

You certainly are a master in the art of foam cutting, and yours is a wonderful case with beautiful eyepieces, but what is that thing at the bottom? 

• Like 1

You certainly are a master in the art of foam cutting, and yours is a wonderful case with beautiful eyepieces, but what is that thing at the bottom?

It's the televue paracorr (sips) for feathertouch focuser

My latest and hopefully last version of my eyepiece and extra bits box.

I have gone for a more minimalistic approach than I previously employed. Opting for barlowing higher range eyepieces then filling a box with lots of smaller ones.

I do realise I may forgo quality a little but using quality barlows should help to reduce this to a minimum.

For those who don't know, the celestron ultima is actually a 2.25 magnifier rather than the stated two, hence the 2 barlows.

I didn't really need the 19mm flat field but i got it at such a good price i talked myself into getting it for the extra FOV over the 18, and it will barlow too unlike the 22mm.

post-26735-0-36624600-1422358784.jpg

• Like 1

Orion case set, Orion Sirius Plossl 6.3, 7.5, 10, 17, 40, shorty 2x Barlow

DSCF0072Custom_zps931994a4.jpg

Mixed Celestron case set, Plossl 6, 8, 13, Super Plossl 25 52degree, 32, unknown Super 25 wide angle (think it's from a previous Dob), Optex 2x Barlow.

DSCF0073Custom_zps8f4ef2e2.jpg

LE 9, 20, 25 plus a couple of 0.965" EP's and 3x Barlow and other stuff.

DSCF0075Custom_zps2ceb4ce7.jpg

Looking for a larger case to fit this last lot in and some 2" EP's but no longer have a scope with a 2" focuser,  that's not going to stop me buying them though and not to mention my rather large and ever increasing wish list :smiley: When will it stop?!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Dude/Gaidis your posts indicate an amazing incoming and outgoing of EPs that sometimes leaves me breathless ...

The sheer energy of throughput would be enough to power a small town! (With suitably shaded and astronomy friendly lighting, of course!)

I use a series of cases from Geoptik which look and seem the same as Peli. I have one Peli with camera lenses in and this cost a lot of money, about 150 quid ten years ago. The Geoptik's are about a 1/3 of the price and for me worth ever Euro. For me with TeleVues at anything from 200-600 pounds a time its nice to know they are well protected.

Alan