Narrowband

Show me your eyepiece/accessories case, please.

Leegsi

Great eyepieces, Bond19, but the pluck foam doesn't do them justice. I've heard that you can use fretsaw on deep-frozen foam to get nicely fitting holes with good looking edges (maybe the foam needs to be moist for that). I'm planning on trying this myself.

Edited by Ruud
  • Like 1

About time I updated my Eyepiece collection Photo, here goes:

attachicon.gif!cid_39D50C2D-2A1A-4385-923F-552FC6FA5F86.jpg

Here is a closer view, sorry about quality but light is terrible here

attachicon.gifSAM_1995.jpg

The little white box is a reducer and the 9 is the Vixen SLV.

I havc a slight problem in the the block foam only being one layer thick between EP's is breaking in a couple of places so I am going to have to slap some seemstress tape around the insides. Bit of a long winded job but should be worth it in the end and it won't spoil the effect.

I did worry about this a little and it seems they were not unfounded concerns. Ah well, Rome in a day and all that  :rolleyes:

I got rid of my Explore Scientific 100 degree EPs, I like the Televues better in my Dobs. I tend to use the 10mm Ethos and Paracorr II most of the time. The cases were made by Ron Burrows at Wood Wonders in the US http://www.wood-wonders.com/

I now understand the "obscene amout of EPs" remark in your sig. If ever my wife complains (I have two more underway) I will point to this image (apart from counting her shoes :D)

I got rid of my Explore Scientific 100 degree EPs, I like the Televues better in my Dobs. I tend to use the 10mm Ethos and Paracorr II most of the time. The cases were made by Ron Burrows at Wood Wonders in the US http://www.wood-wonders.com/

A stunning collection you have there, I have or have had most of the TeleVues but what is that liitle huddle in the centre of shot, not Zeiss and Supermono's is it?

Alan

very nice indeed and well laid out. What are the ep's along the bottom? Cant quite make out.

The bottom set is my new Explore Scientific 82° 4.7mm to 14mm and 68° 20mm & 24mm with a 2x Focal Extender lying horizontally across the middle of the case. I bought these after selling my TV Plossls as I prefer the size of the ES's and also their larger eye lenses and (for me) more comfortabe eye relief across the range. I'm very impressed with the build quality of these EPs and looking forward to some clear skys to give them a good workout.

bloomin heck thats some collection. Makes me feel like my collection is inadeguate now  :wink:  :grin: 

The bottom set is my new Explore Scientific 82° 4.7mm to 14mm and 68° 20mm & 24mm with a 2x Focal Extender lying horizontally across the middle of the case. I bought these after selling my TV Plossls as I prefer the size of the ES's and also their larger eye lenses and (for me) more comfortabe eye relief across the range. I'm very impressed with the build quality of these EPs and looking forward to some clear skys to give them a good workout.

Here are some better pictures of the Explore Scientific EPs from my case...

post-33858-0-05052700-1416584277_thumb.j

In this one the 82° set are on the bottom row...

post-33858-0-93749200-1416584286_thumb.j

I have to agree with the others, that is a mightlily impressive set of EP's you have there, quaoar :eek:

• Like 2

Beautiful cases, Barry, and a wonderful collection of glass. I enjoyed looking around at Wood Wonders' website. 

This is my final collection, my wife's words........ :rolleyes:

Hi Trazor, you have some great eyepieces in your collection and you're obviously more dexterous than most of us with pluck foam. Neat job!

Thanks chaps

The Zeiss EPs are ZAO I and IIs I cobbled together off Astromart. The others are Questar Brandons. My favorites are the 10mm and 17mm Ethos and I quite like the type I 11mm Nagler.

I can't recommend the cases highly enough, sure they're an expensive indulgence but hey christmas present idea hint, hint, cough :) .