SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Show me your eyepiece/accessories case, please.

Leegsi

My cases have pluck foam but I don't remove the cubes. I break a section of cubes a little smaller than the eyepiece away from the adjoining cubes then push the eyepiece down onto that section, which depresses, and the eyepiece is pressed in place by the foam spikes in the lid of the case. After a few days the depression has taken the shape and countours of the eyepiece but, if you need to change things around, you can pull the whole section of cubes out and it soon resumes the original level ready for a different configuration.

• Like 3

My cases have pluck foam but I don't remove the cubes. I break a section of cubes a little smaller than the eyepiece away from the adjoining cubes then push the eyepiece down onto that section, which depresses, and the eyepiece is pressed in place by the foam spikes in the lid of the case. After a few days the depression has taken the shape and countours of the eyepiece but, if you need to change things around, you can pull the whole section of cubes out and it soon resumes the original level ready for a different configuration.

I shall try this with the new case, sounds a lot more sensible :)

Ah, John that's what I do too. Feels like mine doesn't look as nice as you guys' cases. Maybe it's just my OCD...

I feel guilty that I've not spent £70 on an eyepiece case :embarrassed:

• Like 1

It's a good job I kept all the bits I can start to glue them back into place :grin: . I have another case on the way i will try it.

Alan

Yes, easy to spot in the dark, couldn't resist the Orange.

For the quality of the case, and the protection it provides, I'd say the MAX cases are a great buy. About 1/3 the cost of the equivalent Peli or B&W case, and not much more than the hard plastic maplin case

http://www.maplin.co.uk/p/large-high-impact-case-with-pre-cut-foam-interior-n14gr

Max cases here....

http://www.toolcasesdirect.co.uk/waterproof-cases.html

• Like 1

One-eyed-Sam,

Looking at it closely I would say they are the exact same as I use under the Geoptik banner and mine are black so i can trip over them in the dark. The price sounds about the same as well, very good value cases.

I have a Peli case and they too are great but designed to drop things out of 12 th floor windows. Rather costly too.

alan.

I still think the eyepiece storeage area that Tim Wetherell made for his fantastic 8" refractor is the best I've seen. Come to mention it the scope is one of the best I've seen too :grin:

post-118-0-64159900-1427306003_thumb.jpg

• Like 12

I'd love to have seen that scope "in the flesh" as it were.  Sadly Tim told me that it has been sold and won't be accomanying him when he moves back to the UK.

Still, eyepieces or scopes, you only sell one to make room for another, eh? :D

James

• Like 1

I still think the eyepiece storeage area that Tim Wetherell made for his fantastic 8" refractor is the best I've seen. Come to mention it the scope is one of the best I've seen too :grin:

Wow! Both 'scope and storage!

And just for clarity and to avoid any misunderstanding, I didn't make mine. ;)

Here's mine, doubles as a seat. :)

attachicon.gifWP_20150325_003.jpg

I'm happy to see this thread run forever if this is the sort of thing we're heading towards. The 'seat' was enough to make my jaw drop and then when I saw that beautiful scope, storage space - and the lighting/setting - Mrs Floater rushed to get me a brandy. Bless her.

• Like 2