SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Show me your eyepiece/accessories case, please.

Leegsi

Despite having stopped buying eyepieces three weeks ago my wife tells me "a package has arrived". I might have an update to post tomorrow :rolleyes:

Edited by DRT
  • Like 2

It just goes to show how this thread has grown, it only seems just over a year ago I photographed mine and I think they are back on page 57 or 8. The trouble is since i have bought more eyepieces and diagonals and would need a page to get all mine on onless i posted thumbnails.

Seems the more I have the worse the weather is getting, what happened to the cold crystal clear winter nights of a few years back with seeing to die for.

100, Geoff Boycott or what!

Alan

John,

How many oif them do you still have I see the 31mm Nagler and beyond that I am guessing. Pays to read the full post sorry, they say a week is a long time in politics but 5 years can be a complete change of reanges from TV, Most of the Radians have gone now.

Alan

Poor Alan, cursed with his own bad weather and the cause of ours :)

Out of interest does anyone else use the packets of silica gel in their cases, or in fact think it's something worth bothering with?

I wouldn't have gone out specially to buy one but I work in IT and a lot of kit we buy comes with - I figured it couldn't hurt popping one in my EP case.

I have loads of those gel packets they can't do any harm, I am told you nee to pop them in the oven to dry them out from time to time, I might try them to see if they will soak up this dam rain.

I did pop some in the oven, they came out stuck together, make sure the oven isn't to hot, there some that can go in a microwave not sure if there a special type though.....

• Like 1

Poor Alan, cursed with his own bad weather and the cause of ours :)

Out of interest does anyone else use the packets of silica gel in their cases, or in fact think it's something worth bothering with?

I wouldn't have gone out specially to buy one but I work in IT and a lot of kit we buy comes with - I figured it couldn't hurt popping one in my EP case.

If you have them, use them. They won't dry stuff out, but they certainly help with residual moisture. They come in all sorts of products these days from electronics to dried food. I'm surprised astro gear doesn't come supplied with them, Or does it? Haven't bought anything 'new' for quite a while!

• Like 1