Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Program for camera control?

Jojo204

Hi all,

my new telescope comes tomorrow and it seems I have a clear night the very same day! I am therefore setting up digital stuff already and want to know what software would be the best to change settings (exposure, aperture, iso) and capture shots like an intervalometer, remotely. This would be on a Windows Laptop, 

thanks!  

I used Backyard EOS for the first time last night and it’s very easy and intuitive to use. The ui is laid out great. I also have Astrophotography Tool but haven’t tried it yet. 

Both have trial versions to give a go. 

On 16/12/2018 at 11:32, adyj1 said:

Another +1 for APT, but haven't tried BYEOS. 

Yes, the same. Not used BYEOS but really liking APT, particularly like the ability to set up shooting plans for multiple exposures and also that you can include dithering when using it with PHD2 ?.

1 hour ago, Spaced Out said:

Yes, the same. Not used BYEOS but really liking APT, particularly like the ability to set up shooting plans for multiple exposures and also that you can include dithering when using it with PHD2 ?.

I like the APT feature that allows me to dither even though I'm not guiding (yet!) Saves having to do dark frames...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived