Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

What did the postman bring?

nightfisher

Filters are probably the easiest acquisitions to assimilate without too much 3rd degree from the budget manager. I mean, who would believe that a simple glass disk with a naff branding like "Tele-something" might cost 250 quid ???

Got to be twenty quid at most ! 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

On 07/06/2023 at 09:57, wookie1965 said:

Got this yesterday so now I am mobile a lot easier than dragging my battery box out with the leisure battery in. (going to sell it) 

Cannot wait try it I will do some solar later if the sun comes out supposed to be coming out at 1pm according to metoffice.

20230607_095311.jpg

20230607_095246.jpg

Have the same Paul - handy for keeping the phone charged on longer SS Dob sessions! 

• Like 1

Potential lifesaver these.  Had a near miss with a snag on my power cables on the astrophotography rig.  The cable can't pull out of the camera or the mount if they snag.  The elbows should mean that if they snag again they'll be able to pull out.  Ordered 10 so got some spares if anyone wants a couple.

PXL_20230616_064104099.jpg

• Like 3

16 hours ago, John said:

Filters are probably the easiest acquisitions to assimilate without too much 3rd degree from the budget manager. I mean, who would believe that a simple glass disk with a naff branding like "Tele-something" might cost 250 quid ???

Got to be twenty quid at most ! 😉

Amazing what you can find on eBay for £20 these days 😇

• Like 1

On 13/06/2023 at 18:28, Alan White said:

Postie has just been with an import from Japan.
You will have to call me @Franklin very soon.

One box from Japan doesn't count, but you should be careful Alan, those Japanese auctions can become quite addictive😁.

Nice constellation binoculars btw and what a price!

IMG_4179.JPG

Edited by Franklin
  • Like 1
  • Haha 6

1 hour ago, Franklin said:

One box from Japan doesn't count, but you should be careful Alan, those Japanese auctions can become quite addictive😁.

Nice constellation binoculars btw and what a price!

IMG_4179.JPG

WOW @Franklin I think you have a Japanese box fetish going on,
I have decided to help out and shrink the size of the problem for you above 😉

Indeed it does start to get adictive, so far just mainly watching and going darn it, I should have bid!

• Haha 1

Not the Postie as I paid RVO a visit today and picked up a Daystar Quark.

Two weeks of solid sunshine and the day I get my first bit of Ha kit the damn clouds roll in! 

I did manage a 20 minute play about in between the clouds and all I can say is wow. I viewed whilst it was warming up and could see the usual sunspots but in a red light and then all of a sudden the detail just appeared, amazing stuff. Seen my first prominence today, huge on the western limb, fantastic.

IMG_4181.JPG

IMG_4180.JPG

• Like 14

Nothing earth shattering or even exciting: an extension for the tripod for two reasons. One is to raise the scope to a more comfortable height and the the other is that (I'm told) it's a more solid bit of kit than the small extension supplied with the AZ GTiX.

IMG_20230617_192206.thumb.jpg.c00036b4ac46d7db5671c4bb77262213.jpg

• Like 7

I have used this eyepiece over the last few evenings. I have astigmatism and find that this fantastic low power widefield eyepiece does not suite me. I had great expectations as I did own one of these Explore Scientific eyepieces many years ago. Then with much younger eyes it performed well. But with a heavy heart I returned it in exchange for the ES 4.7 mm and 11 mm.

Thankyou for all the responses to what for most is a great eyepiece.

Would the mods please close my post

A brand new 30 mm Explore Scientific 82° eyepiece. Looking forward to holiday late night star gazing in Swanage in July.

20230619_145245.jpg

20230619_145251.jpg

Edited by Grump Martian
  • Like 16

6 hours ago, Grump Martian said:

A brand new 30 mm Explore Scientific 82° eyepiece. Looking forward to holiday late night star gazing in Swanage in July.

20230619_145245.jpg

20230619_145251.jpg

~

Don't drop that one on your toe, it'll cripple ya.

• Haha 1

Over the last few weeks I have had a re shuffle of eyepieces and decided I would treat myself to some Pentax XW so thanks to a Guy in Slovenia and couple of SGL members and FLO I have a nice set of 3.5mm- 14mm XW Pentax a big thanks to John for supplying the missing 10mm also treated my self to some hard plastic cases for my sets . 

IMG_5969.jpeg

IMG_5968.jpeg

IMG_5970.jpeg

IMG_5971.jpeg

IMG_5972.jpeg

IMG_5973.jpeg

• Like 12

16 minutes ago, The60mmKid said:

The postperson is a hero in this household, having recently bestowed a Ceravolo HD145 and a Vixen 120S. (The postperson needs to take a break from visiting now, lest the bankperson also come knocking.)

WhatsApp Image 2023-06-23 at 11.18.26.jpg

You're going to have to change your username! 😆

• Haha 1

I've just returned from my UK trip to, amongst other things, retrieve all my ebay purchases over the past few months that I'd had delivered to various friends' addresses.

So finally, thanks to @7sharp9, @Alan White, @bilbo , @Franklin and eBay for the following. And apologies for taking so long to acknowledge receipt.

Delos 4.5, Delos 17.3, Vixen HR 2.0, Tak LE 5, BCO 10, Nikon HG 8x32, Nikon Prostaff 7s 8x42, Baader RGB.

Cheers, Magnus

IMG_2228.jpg

• Like 9