Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

What did the postman bring?

nightfisher

22 hours ago, Helen said:

A well packaged box (@David Hardie has been having lots of practice 😉)  containing a hotech SCT collimator.  I finally decided to bite the bullet and get one to try to maximise the views from my C11 (I get too few clear nights to waste time collimating, and I've never really felt I've nailed it!).  I understand there's a learning curve on the hotech use, so expect some muttering...... 😉

Thanks David 😁

Helen

Very welcome Helen!!

• Like 1

A TS-Optics Concenter 1.25" Collimation Eyepiece and some new colimation screws for the Bresser dob.

Rather expensive really but the Concenter is the best way of getting the secondary mirror spot on. Also does the primary as well. Can see the secondary isn’t centered.

The stock secondary colimation screws bugged me being chrome rather than matt black so bought some replacements. Not sure if it’ll make any difference but can’t hurt.

E07C0DF3-718F-4E9D-AA50-ED2E181AD6A5.jpeg

0E901E79-5C97-4BEF-96CA-CC0834F928F1.jpeg

7B5EFC19-B303-4552-80FD-B1AFFD0EB431.jpeg

30EF1579-B004-4C33-BD97-C9FF8424D9FF.jpeg

• Like 6

22 hours ago, Helen said:

A well packaged box (@David Hardie has been having lots of practice 😉)  containing a hotech SCT collimator.  I finally decided to bite the bullet and get one to try to maximise the views from my C11 (I get too few clear nights to waste time collimating, and I've never really felt I've nailed it!).  I understand there's a learning curve on the hotech use, so expect some muttering...... 😉

Thanks David 😁

Helen

Now the Borg adapter makes sense 🙂

Glen.

3 hours ago, Craney said:

Nice one @Danjc

Powered from a USB as well....  and dimmable......   wonder if they do an A3 version for my  12"  Howitzer Newtonian  ?

The A3 doesn’t seem to be bus powered but does come with a power adapter. 

HUION A3 Size Super Bright LED Tracing Light Box with Adjustable Brightness Function https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00DNPCZVG/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_R55CDbK7AGW9V

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, L8-Nite said:

A couple of Skywatcher eyepieces for the 150P dob I bought the other day.  A Super 10 long eye relief, and a Super 20 wide angle long eye relief.

PICT0001 (Medium).JPG

Judging by the ripped up packaging you were really eager to open these!😀

45 minutes ago, Les Ewan said:

....................................…. these are the pre digital and pre Skywatcher era!.😁

The great thing about older books is that you are not besieged with advertising.  Another good book worth looking for by James Murden is " Astronomy with a Small Telescope ".

• Like 1

dew-controller-pcb.jpg

To build my own Arduino-controlled dew controller.  Arduino-controlled because it includes temperature sensors to turn off the heaters when the dew point temperature is exceeded, and a display of what it's doing.  Thought I'd give it a try to see how things go.

James

• Like 2

HI Mike,

Just ordered it for £2.45. There's quite a few listed on Ebay.I noticed that the publisher is Octopus while Astronomy With Binoculars is Faber,I don't know what that means in regards to layout , I'll just wait and see. BTW I'll give you the sellers details in case you want to claim a 10% commission!!😆

• Like 1