NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

What did the postman bring?

nightfisher

2 hours ago, mikeDnight said:

That looks like a lovely fireside read for those cold winter nights Andrew. :happy11:

At least if @andrew s doesn't enjoy the book, he can always reach across and use it as fuel to keep even warmer.

He'll certainly not want to do that with the Journal, though.

🙂

• Haha 3

45 minutes ago, JeremyS said:

At least if @andrew s doesn't enjoy the book, he can always reach across and use it as fuel to keep even warmer.

He'll certainly not want to do that with the Journal, though.

🙂

With watching TV as an alternative,  I can't imagine Andrew burning the book anytime soon, matter how masochistic it may be. 

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, andrew s said:

I insist on the 5th amendment or at least the bit on self-incrimination.

Regards Andrew 

Otherwise there’s always the 2nd amendment. Or at least the bit about going round in bare arms

🙂

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, IB20 said:

A thing of beauty courtesy of @PeterCPC! Hopefully not the start of a slippery slope either 😅. Can’t wait for my next Mars session! 

82EC2CFA-2F0A-4E3F-B393-CADC9785DA2D.jpeg

Wow, wow, wow. I was sort of hoping I would struggle to tell the difference between this and my old Omni Celestron barlow but I’m getting some belting views of Mars with my BST Starguiders, particularly the 18 & 15mms. I must resist the temptation to look on FLO...

• Like 4

A couple of books I had ordered via amazon pre-publication but were late, probably due to the pandemic. Noticed that they were showing on this thread so re-ordered them. Also the BAA handbook for 2021 came with the new journal. Always a very useful source of information.

8A5FD82F-B10B-4AE3-9E8C-E373180DB325.jpeg

Edited by laudropb
  • Like 7

doing my bit to keep the clouds hanging around...

image.png.c6d962163c771b97ddf2754beee604ad.png

A star diagonal and finder shoe courtesy of Svbony. No idea how you tell if it really is dielectrically coated but hopefully it'll be as good as the TAL one. Good news is the OV polarizer filters fit the nosepiece just fine 🙂 Intention with this one is so the little Celestron LT70 has a proper diagonal to use rather than the plastic erecting one it came with. The finder shoe I may fit later on to the vintage scope so it'll be easy to swap an RDF or regular finder onto it.

Edited by DaveL59
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Trying to be a bit more optimistic than the librarians above 😉 (OK, I ordered the O'Meara Mars book) I picked up a HiGear Utility Tent from my local outdoor store which I've pitched up in my garden next to my setup. It's not exactly a warm room, perhaps more of a shielded (temporary) room. Actually quite convenient with a small table and chair installed to sit with the laptop and a warming drink.

Hi Gear Utility Tent..jpg

• Like 6

2 hours ago, laudropb said:

A couple of books I had ordered via amazon pre-publication but were late

My Mars book arrived yesterday and I got a email from Amazon said the price had dropped £5 since I ordered back in June 👍

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, inapottingshed said:

Trying to be a bit more optimistic than the librarians above 😉 (OK, I ordered the O'Meara Mars book) I picked up a HiGear Utility Tent from my local outdoor store which I've pitched up in my garden next to my setup. It's not exactly a warm room, perhaps more of a shielded (temporary) room. Actually quite convenient with a small table and chair installed to sit with the laptop and a warming drink.

Hi Gear Utility Tent..jpg

I suppose it could be useful if you get "caught short" on a cold night 🙂

I hope you ordered a heated loo seat too 🙂

Edited by JeremyS

16 hours ago, IB20 said:

Wow, wow, wow. I was sort of hoping I would struggle to tell the difference between this and my old Omni Celestron barlow but I’m getting some belting views of Mars with my BST Starguiders, particularly the 18 & 15mms. I must resist the temptation to look on FLO...

Just think what it would be like with a Delos 14 of 17 🤔

glad you had some nice views. 

• Like 1

I was wondering whether i should post this in the "Operation get fit thread" 🤔

IMG_3720.jpg.2a917615dff23112b095b2d7e4b26286.jpg

But no, it's extra padding for my Tak FC 100 DZ carry bag:

IMG_3721.jpg.0bccf12e6d1c0564ed4e2df9ccc01393.jpg

IMG_3722.jpg.7f7725399ed4b67e6c5ccf49efb94973.jpg

I can now be very zen when using the Tak, if I wish

Edited by JeremyS
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1