Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Surely there must be a mistake.......

Moonshane

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If it stays clear today, I'd have had 3 clear nights and not been able to use any of them:

Thursday - took daughter to an early Astronomy Club Meeting, but total cloud cover, brought her home with the plan to go back to the grown-ups meetings, home disaster prevented me getting back out - crystal clear from just after 8pm!

Friday - nothing special, just missed out on the clear skies because i didn't look!

Saturday - good forecast again for this evening, but we've got a rare night out planned...

Oh well; for me, it is just a hobby and you can't let it get in the way of life. 

Good luck Shane, hope it turns out clear for you. I missed a lovely night on Thursday, but have caught a couple of nice ones recently. At least we can't complain of constant cloud at the moment, hopefully the Autumn and Winter will continue to give us some good skies :) 

All 4 options for here said "Clear Sky" last night. When I went to see if any early evening Leonids were around all I had was big white fluffy cloud covering 95% of the sky.

Forecasts had said cloud from West early hours of Saturday morning but these arrived late on Friday and from the North.

Until you are outside, observing I suggest not to believe everything.

And not to forget a meteor shower coinciding too!

Had a great night thursday, over 10 hours observing, a few hours last night but the cold wind and claggy skies made for an early finish. Had a Lumicon UHC to play with though which presented the Cygnus region in a whole new light.

Let's hope for another good one tonight :)

So many mixed fortunes. I went to a club meet last night with clear skies forecast but... Noone else turned up! Went home...it was clear so I set up in the garden and just as I'm lining up the finders cloud rolls over again. No sign of clearing so I pack up. Going to bed later I look out the window and it's clear skies!

After a wonderful clear night Thursday, I was checking the forecasts periodically during Friday and noticed very mixed predictions too. 

I had to wait until 10pm for the local football club to switch off their floodlights, but when I tried to start my imaging session there was a lot of slowly drifting high cloud. I only managed 10 reasonably useful 4-minute frames over 4 hours! However, I had some luck - a bright meteor streaked though the area I was photographing during my very first 30-second test frame with a 100mm lens :).

Regards, Mike.

Wish you a clear transparent sky for tonight then!

It was clear tonight at 2 and 3am over here, with the giant Orion greeting from the high sky. 

Now it's cloudy. Who knows.. it might get clear later on! :)

Had a lovely clear sky in the Yorkshire Dales on Thursday night.

While checking the forecast on meteoblue on the Friday it said clear, mate sat next to me using same App and location it said cloudy - go figure

Best to just look outside, forecasts aren't worth the paper they are written on ?

5 hours ago, Moonshane said:

Well my scopes are playing ball!

20171118_142108.thumb.jpg.2f11fc4c5200e5a93fc0a80823f35385.jpg

The Scopes need no praise Shane, they look great.
Your Paved area is superb, and very professionally laid down.
Ideal for Observing, nothing to trip over either.

Archived