NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

DIY Spring Peak star party.

• Replies 587
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi all , I've got two questions :)

firstly im planning to buy either a gazebo to fit the scope in if it's bad weather, so I can just pull it off if wether permits . Second option is a cover for the scope ??? What do people tend to do ? 

Also for security if you're away from the scope what is the general consensus? 

I use a toilet tent a bit like this https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00MQFT1JI/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1488139340&sr=8-3&pi=SL75&keywords=toilet+tent

As for security it's tricky especially as for this one one Joe public will be there too. I'd speak with your nearest astro neighbours to keep an eye out for your gear if wandering off

25 minutes ago, Moonshane said:

I use a toilet tent a bit like this https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00MQFT1JI/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1488139340&sr=8-3&pi=SL75&keywords=toilet+tent

As for security it's tricky especially as for this one one Joe public will be there too. I'd speak with your nearest astro neighbours to keep an eye out for your gear if wandering off

That looks excellent I'll look into it ! 

What mount etc do you use ? Does it clear without touching ? 

Thanks 

I get my 12" dob, eq5 & a mount in mine but take the scopes off off the latter two and put them in the caravan with with my eyepieces. There's less space with my 16" in there!

This is more like mine. Well worth the cost. Had mine for years.

https://www.leisureoutlet.com/tents/shelters-and-utilities/utility-and-toilet-tents/57286-sunncamp-lulu-xl-toilet-tent

I use the scope coats available from RVO to cover mine. 

On security, just don't leave sruff lying unattended that a passer by could lift easily. One of your fellow observers would notice a hoody with an EQ6 or a 12" Dob over his shoulder but not necessarily a Delos 10mm in his pocket. 

Just be sensible. 

Derek

Finally.... holiday booked off work and campsite booked Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights with EHU. Hurrah!

Cant wait. I shall be bringing everything I've got, C925, Tak, Vixen Fluorite plus the PST mod which I will hopefully get a good chance to check out 'cos it's going to be sunny right? :):) 

See you all there!!

I know this site very well.

The first 2 PSP events were organised there. In the Spring and the following November in the early naughties. It was run, by a group from UKAI, in conjunction with members of the White Peak Observing Group.

I stayed for the November meeting. And boy was that one cold.

But the skies were, as far as I can remember. Pretty dark and for the most part. Clear. 

I hope you all get some clear skies. We sure do need em...

If this one is a success. What about another meet before Kelling Heath. Perhaps in August?

22 hours ago, wookie1965 said:

Has anyone got a lead and knows how to upgrade the firmware on a Synscan handset please, Just been reading how this could be why I`m getting alignment errors I know I am not running the latest firmware.

I think I have the cable. The instructions will be online and you will need to download the app to your laptop before you come along.

Archived