Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Have you seen the size of the new sunspot!

Fozzie

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Stu said:

Nice one Fozzie, maybe I will get a chance later.

I saw one pore above the new AR yesterday so not surprised to hear of more.

I thought I was seeing things with the second.. but in moments of good seeing it's about 9oclock, based on the on above being near 12.. just on the cusp of the faculea region..

Have to say the little 72mm is delivering some great views with 12mm slv and sc filter..

23 hours ago, Fozzie said:

Either I've got a serious piece of dirt in the system or the new sunspot just on the limb is huge!

I'm assuming it will 12546, but I think it's just come in to view.. blimey it's worth a look!

In fact there's lots of activity at the moment in white light, at least 5 separate regions of pores and ar's..

Get a lookin between the scuttling clouds if you can..

Ta

Fozzie 

Thanks for posting the heads up! :) Just checked the SOHO website, scope at the ready if there is a break in the *&#£@$¥€°^ clouds!!!!

Edit: see it with my cheapo projectory thing, AR2544 showing as an interesting collection too. 250px, solar film plus binos next if there is a >1min gap in the clouds :)

IMG_20160515_123529753.jpg

PS just dust marks near the "1 o'clock" position.

Tried my freebee eclipse glasses but couldn't discern it.

Nearly 100% gray out here, wall to wall, although that's not a bad thing as I'm in no fit state to observe after an emergency meet up with a great mate whos just unfortunately split from his good (ish) lady.. left him in good spirits though, so well see how he is tomorrow.. but now ive got a tricky dinner date with the inlaws to negotiate! I need a nap...

Hiccup..

Fozzie!

The scope is out ready. Working from home. Blue sky! Too good to be true........

It was looking good yesterday. But I did find 2544 more interesting, with its smattering if varied fine detail.

Happy viewing.

Paul

9 hours ago, Paul73 said:

The scope is out ready. Working from home. Blue sky! Too good to be true........

It was looking good yesterday. But I did find 2544 more interesting, with its smattering if varied fine detail.

Happy viewing.

Paul

Just had a quick look. I sort of know what you mean Paul, but when the seeing steadies the amount of detail visible in 'Il Gordo' is quite staggering!

Archived