Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Have you seen the size of the new sunspot!

Fozzie

Getting close to the limb now. Seeing really dodgy today. Could not observe a single pore!

Did my best with this though. The dark patch in the umbra is where a blob of ink from my pen was rubbed on by my finger - doh!

20160524_125839.jpg

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, Moonshane said:

Getting close to the limb now. Seeing really dodgy today. Could not observe a single pore!

Did my best with this though. The dark patch in the umbra is where a blob of ink from my pen was rubbed on by my finger - doh!

20160524_125839.jpg

Still an impressive series of sketches Shane, will be good to see them all in sequence once it's gone.

I had some good views yesterday. Ropey seeing (I'm boring myself saying that now!!) but still managed some of the numerous pores dotted around. It seems pretty dynamic, I see changes quite frequently when I see it and in the images posted, been a great one to watch.

cheers Stu

I'll put them together at the end and try and resize slightly to get them on the same scale (not far off currently though

Yesterday was a lot better. I think sometimes my 'bad seeing' is the fact that my scope has been in the boot of my car all morning!

20160523_125310-1[1].jpg

Probably right about the hot scope! Having said that, the seeing really has been pants lately! Even when it is though, if you look for long enough you end up catching a good moment but that's not enough to sketch from I guess?

Quite true Stu

Sometimes what I get down is from (built up) memory and then it's a combination of my lack of skills and the conditions that creates an artist's impression I suppose. I do try to be as accurate as possible though. In a week or so and without checking against photos, I suppose they just make my notebook look nice and better illustrate the features than 'a few more pores showing now and a nice loop and pointy bit around the bottom edge' etc. :icon_biggrin:

Archived