Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Have you seen the size of the new sunspot!

Fozzie

Either I've got a serious piece of dirt in the system or the new sunspot just on the limb is huge!

I'm assuming it will 12546, but I think it's just come in to view.. blimey it's worth a look!

In fact there's lots of activity at the moment in white light, at least 5 separate regions of pores and ar's..

Get a lookin between the scuttling clouds if you can..

Ta

Fozzie 

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would! Glad I did... bringing the washing in can just wait an bit longer (heck I'm tempted to soak it all again with the hose pipe "yeah still wet love, dunno what to say! ")

Getting some moments of decent seeing, noticed the faculae region earlier and hoped something was around the corner..

Hope you get a look stu!

Ta

Fozzie

WOW!

I've just had a quick look through the ED120 and Baader wedge and it looks fantastic. I'm gutted that I'm going to be travelling all week with work as it would be nice to watch it cross the disk.

It certainly is a bit of a monster :happy7: It certainly makes Mercury look like a little fish in a big pond ..... I am sure it was in the south earlier this morning !!!!

Been getting some good views here. Seeing pretty bad but some steady patches. It certainly looks big! Taken a few pics on iPhone and DSLR, will post when I can

Not much different to Stu's effort but this can be taken as corroboration in a court of law :wink:

IMG_4238.jpg

I am looking forward to my new TV Fotomate arriving next week :grin:

Glad a few are getting a peep..

How big does it need to be to see with the naked eye, I recall one not so long back, even made the BBC news.

I'm going to be carrying the scope around this week, catch a few glimpses when I can, especially after the successful transit on Monday, most people at work will be interested as well!

Ta

Fozzie 

3 minutes ago, Fozzie said:

Glad a few are getting a peep..

How big does it need to be to see with the naked eye, I recall one not so long back, even made the BBC news.

I'm going to be carrying the scope around this week, catch a few glimpses when I can, especially after the successful transit on Monday, most people at work will be interested as well!

Ta

Fozzie 

Needs to be pretty big, not sure this one will do it. I saw it quite clearly in my 9x50 finder though so it's pretty impressive

I got a good look this morning with the PST :icon_biggrin: 

I noticed a fair amount of activity on the limb yesterday around that area, so I'm not surprised to see another AR, but that's a large sunspot. It might be naked eye further on the disc if it lasts as it appears to be very dense.

Let's hope for the weather to be able to follow this one.

James

It certainly looks big and the weather's looking good for tomorrow, all very exciting.

I expect it will be classified as AR2546, the latest SOHO images look good :-

newspot.jpg

I've got clear sky's until 1600ish tomorrow so I might pop the scope out, you know, see how things are getting..

Name wise we wait to see, could it be 2533 or a new I'd... either way it's been/going to be impressive!

Clear sky's tonight for a bit of luna later... 

Been a nice day thus far..

Ta

Fozzie 

We have winner.. 2546! It's a totally new spot "altogether".

I have though, apparently,  been fed bogus weather info.. might get a shot in an hour but other than that looks like this week will be grayed out! 

Would be nice to see it a bit more face on, thanks for the link D in V.. All over that and also solar monitor too..

Clear sky's

Fozzie

Archived