Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Video: In The Marlborough Night Garden - The Making Of...

PhotoGav

Hello folks,

I thought I would share the video that I made for my recent exhibition. It is called "In The Marlborough Night Garden - The Making Of...". As the name suggests it was intended to give people an idea of how I made the images that were on display. I hope you enjoy it and as ever comments are always much appreciated.

Thank you all for your kind comments. It seemed to work very well at the exhibition and gave a new perspective to the images on display. I think people had a greater understanding of the patience required to create these images. Most people think that to take a photo you just point and shoot. We lunatics well know that with astrophotography that is very very far, in fact light years away from the truth! I was very glad that I took the time to put it together.

That's an interesting point raised about the privacy question and my house number being in the video. Is that really what this world has come to?! On the other hand, perhaps an insurance claim would offer me the chance to upgrade some of my kit!!!

@jrastro, superb, thank you for coming to visit and I'm glad you enjoyed the exhibition. Did we meet?! Where in Wiltshire are you?

Great video to complete a great exhibition!

I had been toying with the idea of a bit of imaging....... Now that I know what it envolves on the computer front. My seat is definitaly front row of the audience with a big tub of popcorn watching as others unfold the wonders of the night sky.

The iPad from the sofa does sound a bit like cheeting (not jelous at all).

Paul

19 hours ago, PhotoGav said:

Thank you all for your kind comments. It seemed to work very well at the exhibition and gave a new perspective to the images on display. I think people had a greater understanding of the patience required to create these images. Most people think that to take a photo you just point and shoot. We lunatics well know that with astrophotography that is very very far, in fact light years away from the truth! I was very glad that I took the time to put it together.

That's an interesting point raised about the privacy question and my house number being in the video. Is that really what this world has come to?! On the other hand, perhaps an insurance claim would offer me the chance to upgrade some of my kit!!!

@jrastro, superb, thank you for coming to visit and I'm glad you enjoyed the exhibition. Did we meet?! Where in Wiltshire are you?

We definitely met. I'm in Swindon

19 hours ago, PhotoGav said:

Perhaps advertising where you keep your expensive astro kit will void your insurance.... it's happened before apparently :(

Hence my sig :)

Thank you folks.

I am all for evangelising astrophotography, so the further this reaches, the better! The question is generally 'how?'...

Interesting point Scott. I am edging towards anonymity.

Paul - don't be scared, it's well worth the effort and isn't really that 'difficult' just needs some care and attention and a great deal of patience! The results make it all worthwhile. And, yes, the iPad on the sofa is definitely cheating, but at 2am when it's freezing out there, I really don't mind a bit of cheating!!!

Archived