Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Galloway 2017 Spring Gathering

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi,

Morning has broken........ well, well... the sun is up, light cloud and no wind, where am i?

"Drumroanin Camp Site"   the voice from Heaven says. 

Having breakfast, Mike brought as requested stronger tent pegs. About to start replacing the slim pegs with these stronger ones in anticipation of the BBC Weather forecast for later today.

Remember it is a beautiful morning here....

Cheers

Adrian

On 18/02/2017 at 23:48, Uplooker said:

Cheers Mike. I like the connection that James Robertson Justice had with the area. Seems a bit of a scallywag who did not pay his debts.

Now there is a name from the past.......distant past!

Derek

1 minute ago, Physopto said:

Hang on there Dave ! Now yer talking a few eyepieces, or new tripod legs ! Priorites yer know.....

Derek

I was seriously considering it the last time I was up to my axels in mud, pitch black dark and tipping down :grin:

Dave

48 minutes ago, mapstar said:

Mentioning spirit, failed on the writers tears so had to bring one of the triplet up again :wink:

Probably be bringing it home with the copious amount of clear skies we're going to get over the weekend :grin:

One ????

Got to get you educated.......

?

Derek

8 hours ago, Uplooker said:

Grey and damp here, no wind - yet!

Hi Jamie, I should be there lunchtime Thursday, be good to meet up with both again.

Hi Ian,

same here hope to arrive midday, traffic a nightmare getting down past Glasgow just now looking forward to seeing all the guys again, need to stop and get some amber nectar, safe trip m8.

5 hours ago, Physopto said:

When are you getting here Jim?

Derek

hi Derek

Hoping to arrive midday Thursday unless we get blown over them cliffs at Girvan, bringing new scope it's latest thing apparently it just soaks up the rain, 130mm toilet roll tube f/8, o eh and some of the amber stuff, nae pies the dog ate then all, hope yer keeping our mike busy, see you all soon, take it easy.

Hi Jamie,

There is wind here, but the heavy rain of mid-afternoon as vanished. the weather should not stop you doing things, so Hadyn, Cristina and myself went up to the bird hide at Wigton Harbour, it had stopped raining there.

We saw Mute Swans, Little Egrets, Widgen, Sholver Ducks,  Shelducks, a Merlin on a post and loads of Pink foot Geese. It was very windy at the hide.

It is getting dark now and we are preparing for Doris....

Doing tea will be fun with my fillet steak... standards  have to be maintained at all costs!

Julian must be sound asleep and dreaming of 10Micron!

Have a safe trip.

Cheers

Adrian

Hi All, it`s not a very good night, very windy again, rain has turned intermittent, time for a little fettling methinks,the good news is the forecast is now showing clear on Thursday night early and Saturday,so maybe all is not lost,my glass is always half full :happy6:

To those  yet to travel take care i will let you know the state of the field  lunchtime tomorrow,

Regards

Mike

Archived