Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Dalby Forest Starfest 2014 (Aug 22nd-24th) organised by Scarborough & Ryedale AS

AndyExton

Andy, i see its £25 per person, myself and Claire would only be able to attend on the saturday and sunday, would we still have to pay full price?

Hi Jules.  Yes it is a flat charge for the weekend.  We have people who don't stay the Sunday as they have to be back at work for the weekend etc. and the charge goes towards the weekend expenditure of toilets, forest toll passes, marquee and field hire.  

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If there are still spaces I will check my bank balance and book up.

I had the up to date booking figures sent to me last night and nearly 75% of the pitches are booked so I would advise booking very soon.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Andy,

im able to come along to this again this year , especially after last years fantastically clear friday night....one of the best uk nights I have ever seen !

last year I had my 16inch light bridge with me, but ive since made a new ply base with encoders making a very caperble large aperture push to scope ... so im looking forward to those dark skies.

ill send out my cheque and form tomorrow.

look forward to seeing you again,

ian

last year I had my 16inch light bridge with me, but ive since made a new ply base with encoders making a very caperble large aperture push to scope ... so im looking forward to those dark skies.

Hi Ian.

Will be good to see you again.  I will have to check out your upgrades as I would love to see us add encoders to our society 16" Lightbridge.

Hi Ian.

Will be good to see you again.  I will have to check out your upgrades as I would love to see us add encoders to our society 16" Lightbridge.

Hi Andy, save a pitch for me, i will get cheque sent of in a few days

Hi Andy, save a pitch for me, i will get cheque sent of in a few days

OK Jules.  You should get a booking confirmation within a few days of receipt.

Only 14 pitches remaining so we advise anyone else thinking of coming along to book soon as we expect the rest of these to go in the next few weeks.

Booking form downloaded and filled in, will post tomorrow, looking forward to it, but wont be able to get on site till around mid day saturday

We will try and save some good weather for when you arrive :)

Hi Andy

Are there any pitches left? If so i would like to book for myself and the wife.

Adam

Hi Adam.

Yes still a few pitches remaining.  We are now into single figures so send on your booking form from website and we will get you booked in.

Look forward to meeting you in August :)

Last minute ability to go. Hope there are some spaces left as I will be sending form in tomorrow.

Hi Michael.

Yes still a few pitches remaining.  Bookings coming in daily one or two at a time but sure you will get a pitch if posting today.

See you in August.

Hi Michael.

Yes still a few pitches remaining.  Bookings coming in daily one or two at a time but sure you will get a pitch if posting today.

See you in August.

form in post. Sadly cannot get there until after work on saturday. better late than never.

• 2 weeks later...

We have had a re-jig of the site plan after selling those available and have been able to include a few extra pitches.  As it stands we now have 8 pitches remaining so once these have gone the event will be sold out.

Cheers Andy,

Im building up a viewing list for the Starfest which will hopefully include a comet,  which would be nice.

Also a bit later on in the year this time so a bit more night to play with , ill have to check but it may be my first view of the Orion Neb this season if it manages to break the treeline before dawn but I may be battling twilight.

Last year I stayed up til dawn but managed to get Jupiter and the pliedes if i remember right, but friday night last year was the clearest skies I have ever seen .... absolutley stunning from dusk till dawn .

Cheers,

Ian

Comet Jacques will be ideally placed throughout Starfest close to the 'W' of Cassiopeia.

Yes last years' morning twilight observers managed Taurus so possibly a chance of a sight of Orion just before dawn (will have to check out my software though to confirm).

Archived