Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Galloway 2017 Spring Gathering

1 hour ago, Demon Barber said:

Hi All, it`s not a very good night, very windy again, rain has turned intermittent, time for a little fettling methinks,the good news is the forecast is now showing clear on Thursday night early and Saturday,so maybe all is not lost,my glass is always half full :happy6:

To those  yet to travel take care i will let you know the state of the field  lunchtime tomorrow,

Regards

Mike

Clear skies are what I'm coming for so will be out at every opportunity.

Will be there lunchtime tomorrow :wink:

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just come back from Mike's van. It is raining a fair bit. Windy as well.

But he is convinced there will be clear spells on Thursday night. The eye of Storm Doris is expected to come directly over us on Thursday, so we will get wind from a few directions over the day. May blow away a few cobwebs. Crossed fingers.

Derek

Hi Paul, you would be more than welcome to attend, i will just let Lesley ( campsite owner ) know, let  me know roughly what time you are planning on getting here, please make sure you have a good sleeping bag with you.

Look forward to seeing you on Friday.

Regards

Mike

Skies clear as out here, might bring some down Wi me, bit windy though can't make mind up to travel wednesday nite or Thursday morning o the choices eh.  The wee pieces you took look like it might be promising mike, as you say glass half full, need it topped up hehe. See ya all later stay warm.??

Ooooh, stars, there is a new hope!

Work has altered my plans slightly - I have a job on Thursday, so will not be arriving until Friday afternoon now. Hopefully Doris will have given you all her love and departed by then.

Good luck with the weather and I hope the stars come back to shine!

Morning all,

Hopefully everyone is o.k. up there and those on their way arrive safely.

Having not packed the car up yet I have watched this mornings forecast and decided to leave coming up today due to the forecasted bad weather overnight.

Looking at arriving tomorrow dinner time so I shall pack the car this aft (bottle in allready) and set off tomorrow morning :wink:

23 minutes ago, mapstar said:

Morning all,

Hopefully everyone is o.k. up there and those on their way arrive safely.

Having not packed the car up yet I have watched this mornings forecast and decided to leave coming up today due to the forecasted bad weather overnight.

Looking at arriving tomorrow dinner time so I shall pack the car this aft (bottle in allready) and set off tomorrow morning :wink:

BOTTLE ?

9 hours ago, Demon Barber said:

Hi Paul, you would be more than welcome to attend, i will just let Lesley ( campsite owner ) know, let  me know roughly what time you are planning on getting here, please make sure you have a good sleeping bag with you.

Look forward to seeing you on Friday.

Regards

Mike

Hi Mike, I phoned the wife last night to tell her I'd be away for the night and she reminded me that we have friends coming to stay.  Doh!!  Sorry if I've caused any hassle, although we may try to get down tomorrow for the night.  I'll let you know soon :-)

Just spoken to Lesley. Forecast for tomorrow is ghastly - 70 - 80 mph winds. Not conducive to towing a caravan.

I'll now be coming up on Friday rather than tomorrow.

Hope you've managed to get the weather sorted by then. After all, what use is you being up there if you can't fix the weather for my visit? :happy7:

Patrick

2 hours ago, DeepSkyBagger said:

Just spoken to Lesley. Forecast for tomorrow is ghastly - 70 - 80 mph winds. 

Yikes!!!!!!!!!!! not looking good :clouds1:. I've loaded a few bit's in the car but must admit my hearts not in it :dontknow:

Archived