Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_2019_sp_banner.thumb.jpg.a0ff260c05b90dead5c594e9b4ee9fd0.jpg

Demon Barber

Galloway 2017 Spring Gathering

Hi Mark and Gav,looking forward to meeting you both,there will be plenty of help available,especially with regard to your whiskey choices, :happy6:   sorry i meant with your guiding,clear skies on order,safe journey,

Regards

Mike

• Like 3

19 hours ago, Demon Barber said:

Hi Mark and Gav,looking forward to meeting you both,there will be plenty of help available,especially with regard to your whiskey choices, :happy6:   sorry i meant with your guiding,clear skies on order,safe journey,

Regards

Mike

Whisky choices. ......THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE. ..Jamesons ?

Ok maybe two. ..Speyside 12 year old

Or 3....Macallan

4....Tobermory......can you see where this is going.  ?

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Ally8446 said:

Whisky choices. ......THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE. ..Jamesons ?

Ok maybe two. ..Speyside 12 year old

Or 3....Macallan

4....Tobermory......can you see where this is going.  ?

You are slowly getting there!   ?

2 hours ago, Physopto said:

You are slowly getting there!   ?

The pedant in me says "whiskey" should not be confused with "whisky"...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Demon Barber said:

Pedant away -----------------we drink both :happy7:

Mike

Yer quite right Mike, but some of us more discerning  boyos tend towards a true dram ( whisky), now that should get a response from certain members!  :evil4:

Ian are "e" out there?  :p

• Like 1

3 hours ago, furrysocks2 said:

The pedant in me says "whiskey" should not be confused with "whisky"...

Whisky is the Scottish spelling and whiskey is the Irish. I myself am the former.  But not to put too fine a point on it. .....I couldn't care less how it's spelt because it tastes SO DAMN GOOD 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Ally8446 said:

Whisky is the Scottish spelling and whiskey is the Irish. I myself am the former.  But not to put too fine a point on it. .....I couldn't care less how it's spelt because it tastes SO DAMN GOOD 

I'm also quite aware that as a Scotsman my preference should be towards a fine Scottish single malt,  but as I said, my VERY close second choice is Macallan. At the moment I just prefer Jamesons.

• Like 1

You never know we may even fit some Astronomy in there somewhere :grin:

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, mapstar said:

You never know we may even fit some Astronomy in there somewhere :grin:

Eh ? The very idea!

Especially coming from a man who built the one and only Dual Purpose Pie Measuring Dobsonian Device.  :)

Edited by Physopto
  • Like 1

Looks like Derek is bringing a few bottle to try to convince us :grin:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mapstar said:

Looks like Derek is bringing a few bottle to try to convince us :grin:

By the sound of things you shouldn't need much convincing. ....it's the water of life.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Ally8446 said:

By the sound of things you shouldn't need much convincing. ....it's the water of life.

Over the last 4 years I've had plenty of convincing drams with the galloway regulars :grin:

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, mapstar said:

Over the last 4 years I've had plenty of convincing drams with the galloway regulars :grin:

This'll be my first Galloway meet but I've attended several SGL meets,  and if they're anything to go by,  if the sky doesn't play ball,  alcohol seems to play a large part in the evenings agenda.  I'm sure @Twisted Lip and @PhotoGav will wholeheartedly agree.

Edited by Ally8446
  • Like 3

Just now, Ally8446 said:

This'll be my first Galloway meet but I've attended several SGL meets,  and if they're anything to go by,  if the sky doesn't play ball,  alcohol seems to play a large part in the evenings agenda.  I'm sure @Twisted lip and @PhotoGav will wholeheartedly agree.

At my one and only Galloway, the sky only started playing ball after the whisky came out.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Demon Barber said:

You`ve started Derek off,there will be no holding him now,just hope he dose not get bored :hiding:

Mike

Bored ! Me ! Never, don't know what you mean.......:evil1:

22 minutes ago, mikeobrien said:

Ok who has booked for Feb so far?

Hello Guys

Christina and Hadyn from the Isle of Man are arriving on site on Tuesday 21st Feb and we are leaving on the Sunday!  I had a great time at the Autumn GSP and very much looking to the Spring Event.

Clear Skies and clear whiskey!

Regards,

Hadyn and Christina - IOM

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mikeobrien said:

Me and the Autumn bash wed-sun 

Edited by mapstar
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, mikeobrien said:

Still not made my mind up yet as not used any of my equipment for over 12 months and the car not moved in about 6 so still in 2 minds weather to risk it as got more to lose than to gain. On another note would be great to catch up and see some faces again ??

• Like 2

Hi Keiran It would be a worthwhile risk-----------just remember how dark the skies were.

It would be great to have another photo/video diary to promote the event,you did such a good job last time you were up.

Hope you make it ,will be great to catch up with you,

Regards

Mike

• Like 1