SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Hello from Shropshire

ShrewView

Hi all. 

Greetings from a sunny Shropshire. I found this forum a little while back while looking for some information and was amazed at how much there is here. So congrats to all those that run it and to those that contribute such interesting posts and brilliant images. I’m not exactly new to astronomy but I’ve learnt a lot here in a very short while so thank you.

I’m interested in a little bit of everything when it comes to visual astro and get as much pleasure from sitting with the binoculars just browsing the sky as I do with my scope on a specific object. I’m also interested in the imaging side; though I’ve not done much of that since I was younger, so I’m hoping to remedy that soon.

Wishing you all well and hoping to be able to contribute something worthy in the future.

Daniel

Hi all and thanks for the welcome.

As Andy says the skies can be pretty good out in the hills around here, and the top of the Long Mynd is a great place to watch for meteors, but at this time of year its a bit bracing. 

Got some good views from home though last night and was out until after one.

Even attempted a few shots at the crescent moon.

Daniel

56bcd5439b5c7_10feb16.thumb.jpg.e33544f7

• 2 weeks later...

Archived